Author Topic: few questions  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Laddergoat

Do people without G. and with G. have glands under the nipple?

how big should this gland be if you were to have G?

does some tissue under the nipple always mean G.?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
1. Yes, both males and females have the same basic chest plumbing from birth. So even if there are no signs of G, the gland is there...

2. The gland size can differ... We are all different my friend...  ;)

3. No... Gynecomastia, as defined by the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary is... excessive development of the breast in the male . The root of the word is: Gyne (woman like) and Mastos (breast)... Woman-like breast(s)... By the sounds of it, the term Gynecomastia was intended for the more severe cases where the sufferer has a 'full figured' breast...

However, those with less severe cases (Puffy areolas for example), the psychological pain is very much the same... If you are uncomfortable with the way your chest looks, seek medical attention...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
this is quite strange! i also replied earlier to the op, making similar points to Granpa bambu but my post has  disapeared!

Internet works in bizarre ways! :o

Offline Laddergoat

1. Yes, both males and females have the same basic chest plumbing from birth. So even if there are no signs of G, the gland is there...

2. The gland size can differ... We are all different my friend...  ;)

3. No... Gynecomastia, as defined by the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary is... excessive development of the breast in the male . The root of the word is: Gyne (woman like) and Mastos (breast)... Woman-like breast(s)... By the sounds of it, the term Gynecomastia was intended for the more severe cases where the sufferer has a 'full figured' breast...

However, those with less severe cases (Puffy areolas for example), the psychological pain is very much the same... If you are uncomfortable with the way your chest looks, seek medical attention...

GB...

Thanks so much man.  I was thinking I may have G. but maybe I still need to lose some more weight. I am 5'10 and 194 which I'm pretty sure is still overweight. I also don't have puffy nipples or anything of that sort so maybe I don't have G. Making an appointment today to see my doctor just to make sure.

Thanks again!

@jsboob I posted in the wrong section so im sure a mod deleted the other thread lol.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:06:49 PM by Laddergoat »

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Here is an excellent animation that is quite helpful in showing what an "ideal" chest looks like and what gynecomastia looks like. Hope this helps.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024