Author Topic: 2nd post here, different point of view. Advice needed.  (Read 1794 times)

Offline cwc79

I've struggled throughout my life with excess chest fat.  Anytime I would lose weight my chest would go down.  I've been weight training for a while now, and recently lost between 18-20 lbs but my chest isn't cooperating like I want it to.  I'm down to 230lbs and my bf% is approx. 24-25%.  Apparently most of the chest fat i've lost is from my upper chest.  That's of course a good thing but it has made my lower chest droop and actually making my chest look worse with a tshirt on.  I was comfortable wearing tight shirts before, but after losing the weight i'm back to wearing dark colored shirts, because the upper chest fat kept my pecs higher, not showing my lower 'moobs.'

My chest measurement has gone down a few inches but doesn't look that way from a side view.  My chest actually looks like it sticks out more than ever, I think from losing the upper mass.

Now, puffy nipples has never been my problem until about a week or so ago.  I can see the circumfrance of my aerola getting larger, and MAYBE this could be from losing weight but I doubt it.  I went to the Dr. yesterday for a follow up after a hormone test, and my Testosterone was great, but my estradol was alarmingly high.
I've just noticed signs of slight 'puffiness' in my areola area, and brought this up to my Dr.  She confirmed that I have breast tissue in my chest, but there aren't 'disc shaped' glands behind my nipples.  My right pec which looks better than my left, has a tiny pea sized 'knot' that is painless, and I don't personally think is a 'gyno gland.'
B

Offline cwc79

Continued.....Guess I ran out of room on the first post.  So after mentioning my concern with high estrodol and sensitive nipples now for about 6-8 weeks she prescribed me arimdex to help keep the test. from converting to estrodol.    First of all i'm not expecting a miracle cure, and I understand that i'm stuck with the breast tissue I have.  However, in your opinion have I possibly cought the early 'gyno' symptoms quick enough to help my areolas to go back to normal?    As I mentioned the weight loss has helped according to measurments and overall chest mass from a front point of view, but my problem is mostly overall chest....Many people have told me that i'm 'barrel chested,' i'm still over weight, and I work out, so apparently that's the perfect recipe for moobs.   It is frustrating to NO END to eat healthy, and exercise for nearly 16 months, to have great improvements everywhere but my chest area.   I also think i'm also the type to naturally store extra fat in my chest, and have an unlucky chest contour.  That came from my Grandfather on my mom's side.  Thanks Papaw!

I asked before and everyone declined but is there anyone willing to allow me to text message them a few pictures?
I just want an opinion from somebody on this board, who is, or has experienced what I am.  Thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Re treatment with Arimidex.  You stated
  First of all i'm not expecting a miracle cure, and I understand that i'm stuck with the breast tissue I have.  However, in your opinion have I possibly cought the early 'gyno' symptoms quick enough to help my areolas to go back to normal?
  Everyone is different and the only way to "know" will be in retrospect.  If your gyne and tenderness disappears, then it was in time.  But if it remains even after Arimidex treatment, then it wasn't in time.  Your elevated estrogens may have been there for a long time -- and you didn't know it.  It was only when you developed breast tenderness that you became aware of the high estrogens.

Re your photos:  please post them on the forum -- you will receive comments and information.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Dr. Jacobs gave the best answer.  There is no way to KNOW if the Arimidex can stop or even reverse the condition.  You just have to try it and see what happens. 

What I have heard is that the earlier you catch the condition (before the tissue becomes fibrotic), the better chance you have of benefitting from the medicine.  Weight lifters who are into using steroids use the medicine you're on at the first sign of gyne (i.e., tenderness, growth), and even when there is no sign of gyne.  Some even use it to make sure they don't get gyne in the first place....as a proactive approach. 

If you're in the pain/tenderness stage and if tissue enlargement is in the early stages, chances are greater for the medicine to do what you hope it will do.  In the latter stages, or when the tissue is past the active growing stage, it becomes less likely that the medicine will work.  You can't really put a definite time limit on it because there are just too many variables. 

The goal is to stabilize your hormones and your gyne.  If the medicine works to your satisfaction, great.  If it doesn't, then surgery should be considered, but ONLY after your gynecomastia has been stable for several months (at least).  If you were to get surgery before the condition is stable, or while it is still actively growing, it could come right back even after the surgery. 

Good luck to you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024