Author Topic: 25 days post op....  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
And my oh my, how things have improved....

My RHS was VERY swollen, but over the last 2 weeks the swelling has substantially gone down, and I can breathe a HUGE sgh of relief......still not 100% flat but I hope in the next 2 days it will be almost flat...

MY LHS was ok from the op, but the area is still numb and the nipple is kind of lying there limp and sad!

Ive been putting a bit of weight on due to a) not going to the gym

b) wearing the compression vest that holds your belly in...Ive had loads of people saying how in shape I look..if only they knew the monster that lurks beneath!

As of today, Im starting jogging again, and from the end of 5 weeks I am going to start the weights again....

Overall...so far a happy chappy!

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Good stuff Yorkshireman.

I started back on the weights again today (about 6 weeks post op). Felt fine really, but I didn't push it too much. I'm back on the healthy eating regime aswell, I too have put on a bit of excess fat! I've always been quite stocky (fat ;D) though, so it's not like I've got much to lose to look like 'myself' again. If I can get a stone off by the summer I'll be happy.

It's horrible going back to healthy food and exercise after the last two months of junk food and loafing I've had! It was bliss! But in the long run, it should be worth it.

Cheers.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's horrible going back to healthy food and exercise.

Not much fun is it?  :-/

However, your body will thank you for it...   ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
That's true. It's just the first few days that are the toughest - this time next week I'll be back into it no probs. The trick is, eating food that's tasty, filling AND healthy. It takes a bit of time planning your meals, but it's worth it.

My shoulders are aching like mad and I only did the equivalent of a warm-up session on the weights! My plan is to do CV one day, weights the next etc, but have a day or two at the weekend for recovery. Usually works quite well. CV gets the belly down, weights build muscle and speed up the effect the CV has on your fat. Needless to say, I'll be concentrating on chest work to shape my pecs!

Cheers.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Good to hear Yorkshireman. Glad it's working out for you.

Levick for a knighthood.
etc.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024