Author Topic: 2nd Operation  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Stanner

• Posting Member
Well, I'm booked in for my 2nd op on Friday 15th April with Mark Liddington at the Nuffield in Leeds. I had it done in February  last year but wasn't happy. Anyway after a lot of hard work and my surgeon sending me for a second opinion he has agreed to do a correction free of charge. I just hope I come out happy this time. This time he said he would do a cut around the base of the nipple as well as extra lippo. He did voice concerns about excess skin being left and a skin excission might have to be done. Still, I am going to take the chance and hopefully I won't have to go through that!  Has anybody out there had problems with excess skin being left. My gynae was only average anyway and I am not overweight.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Was this an NHS op?

Sorry to hear you're having to go through it all a 2nd time, must be very disheartening.

Post some pics up if you can, and best of luck for the op... :)

Offline Stanner

• Posting Member
No, this operation was done privately costing £2900.
I went to this surgeon because of his qualifications and experience in this field. He seems to have a professional attitude and is very interested in the ongoing recovery of his patients.
Sorry I can't upload any pics. Bit technical for me!

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
good luck Stanner, personally i would have asked for a refund and gone elsewhere but im sure he will work harder on you this time.

Offline Stanner

• Posting Member
Hope so! I don't suppose I'll be working for the next week or so. I will keep you all informed of my progess.
While I'm on is there anybody who knows where I will get a good compression vest from. Last time I was just given extra large tubigrip which I had to make a few modifications to. Thanks for all your well wishes.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Hi Stanner.

Good luck with the op. I know what it's like to have to go through it twice after the first op fails.

As for compression vests, check out this link:

http://www.designveronique.com/

Best of luck.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline Stanner

• Posting Member
Thanks AJP. I've just checked it out and found somewhere in the uk that sells them. Next day delivery luckily, op tomorrow. I hopeyou are happy after your 2nd op.
Cheers!

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Yep, so far so good. I have alot of faith in Levick.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024