Author Topic: "Help" is essential to my inner Peace  (Read 1259 times)

Offline gynecomastia6

Life is a little easier, and not as freighting, when we share our struggles and ask for help. The simple path to asking for help is created by believing it’s a sign of strength, not weakness, to do so.

When we believe we are worthy to receive help, and the love that comes with it, we tap into a quiet, beautiful strength. Asking for help shows our courage to face the problem and then, with a little help, move past it. Thats How I see it now...

I’ll admit that I didn’t like to ask for help because I didn’t want to appear needy. I thought I had all the answers…or could at least figure them out. And honestly, for a lot of things, we can figure them out – but what I’ve learned throughout my life is that there’s a super-power that lays within being humble and vulnerable and just asking for help. It’s so simple, but so powerful for us all. I’m always amazed of the power of a community, especially when prayer comes into play. After all, we are here in the world to help each other, aren’t we? The way I see it is a win/win situation

I am a single and young guy (22), living in Dallas TX. All of my money is allocated to daily living expenses. I do not have the extra money to pay for this surgery that would change my life completely. Even though I work at 2 restaurants, more than 40 hours a week, at the end of the month nothing is left. I need Help, I need your help!

To acknowledge that I do need help at times, and that by asking for help, I honor other people’s capacity and concern for me. By Refusing to ask for help, I feel that im refusing the chance of letting someone be helpful.
Thanks for reading...I hope I can live like a normal guy soon and that my life will change for better!

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Have you thought about financing the surgery? CareCredit is offering 0% interest right now. Good luck..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Dallas has some wonderful plastic surgeons and they have several hospitals with plastic surgery residency programs.  Why not inquire into the plastic surgery clinic at one of these hospitals?  You might be able to get the surgery at a markedly reduced cost.  OF course, you must understand that it would be a resident plastic surgeon who would be doing the surgery under the guidance of a senior surgeon.

Best of luck -- a touching story.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline gynecomastia6

Could you help me find a place?