Author Topic: Surgery on 6/21 in Kansas City  (Read 4670 times)

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member
I know I have seen several posts over the past few months about finding a PS in the KC metro area.. I went to 4 before picking the one I did. I have pre op pics and will post up later with post op..

I am a national level body builder so you wont find me crying about how I got it but none the less I am happy to get it taken care of so I can get back on stage. He is removing gland only… My BF is around 6%  so no need for lipo.

My only gripe is having to stay out of the gym… I am relying on muscle memory!! Yea Buddy.

Peace,

KCB

Offline CaliKid8

• Posting Member
I'm with you on hating staying out of the gym.  I am an athlete myself that usually hits the gym 5-7 days a week and ever since my surgery on the 11th I've been sort of depressed.

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member
I'm with you on hating staying out of the gym.  I am an athlete myself that usually hits the gym 5-7 days a week and ever since my surgery on the 11th I've been sort of depressed.

I feel ya brotha.. I have been tapering my workouts down over the past 3 weeks and of course am off all “supplements” so I am loosing weight!! The mental part of this whole thing will be the toughest!!

Being out of the gym for a few weeks will probably be good for my body.. I am 38 and the little aches and pains add up over time..

It wont be long and I will get back at it..

KCB

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
i am also worried about not being able to work out after my surgery in july, if i take 2 days off the gym i feel like a fat mess, i wonder how long it takes to get back in the gym...

Offline Punta

• Bronze Member
KC Bro,

What's up!!! I too am a competitive bodybuilder and just had gland excision 12 days ago, no lipo.

Happy to report I only had 9 days off before stepping back into the gym. Days 9-11 post op I just pushed a bit of blood through everything, except chest. Was nothing really but got my head right. Today I trained biceps/triceps with normal movement, no pain, and am at about 70%. I have no doubt I could have gone about 90% heavy but just being careful. I will start pushing a bit through chest towards the end of next week, about 18 days post op. My workouts to date have prevented any hard earned muscle wasting away which was all I wanted to achieve for now.

Healing has been great. I think having gland excision only, coupled with a skilled surgeon and lymphatic treatment post surgery, assists greatly with recovery. I couldn't believe how fast I recovered. Today, I have no bruising, only very slight swelling (no one else can notice but me) in the area the gland was sitting, and no pain. My nipples are a sensitive but was told to expect that. My surgeon says in his experience (does about 40 per year) bodybuilders tend to heal quicker due to the fitness of their muscles and usual overall good health. This of course can vary depending on the person and the amount you look after yourself post surgery. I no longer have to wear the compression vest, only wore for just under 2 weeks. Its a pain but essential.

Good luck, be fussy with your surgeon (I saw 4 before I settled on mine), get it done , you will be surprised how quickly you can return if you are careful. This differs some what to the thinking of others on this site, but to date that is my experience.

Forgot to add, I started walking 20 mins per day 2 days post op, and over the next 5 days built that up to 50 mins. I also think getting up and moving, carefully, helps the body and mind recover. Were the vest when walking.

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member
KC Bro,

What's up!!! I too am a competitive bodybuilder and just had gland excision 12 days ago, no lipo.

Happy to report I only had 9 days off before stepping back into the gym. Days 9-11 post op I just pushed a bit of blood through everything, except chest. Was nothing really but got my head right. Today I trained biceps/triceps with normal movement, no pain, and am at about 70%. I have no doubt I could have gone about 90% heavy but just being careful. I will start pushing a bit through chest towards the end of next week, about 18 days post op. My workouts to date have prevented any hard earned muscle wasting away which was all I wanted to achieve for now.

Healing has been great. I think having gland excision only, coupled with a skilled surgeon and lymphatic treatment post surgery, assists greatly with recovery. I couldn't believe how fast I recovered. Today, I have no bruising, only very slight swelling (no one else can notice but me) in the area the gland was sitting, and no pain. My nipples are a sensitive but was told to expect that. My surgeon says in his experience (does about 40 per year) bodybuilders tend to heal quicker due to the fitness of their muscles and usual overall good health. This of course can vary depending on the person and the amount you look after yourself post surgery. I no longer have to wear the compression vest, only wore for just under 2 weeks. Its a pain but essential.

Good luck, be fussy with your surgeon (I saw 4 before I settled on mine), get it done , you will be surprised how quickly you can return if you are careful. This differs some what to the thinking of others on this site, but to date that is my experience.

Forgot to add, I started walking 20 mins per day 2 days post op, and over the next 5 days built that up to 50 mins. I also think getting up and moving, carefully, helps the body and mind recover. Were the vest when walking.

Sounds like you are doing everything right bro… I generally heal pretty quickly anyways.

My plan for recovery includes over the top nutrition and plenty of rest. I had planned to stay completely out of the gym for 10 days then do some biking stuff like that. I like your walking idea I think I will try that.. We are headed to the Olympia in September so I want to retain as much as I can!!

As far as it returning, I now run Letro my entire cycle.. I have also learned what compounds I just cant tolerate and will stay totally away from them.. My condition has not worsened over the past 18 months even though I was ‘on” for about half that.. I do feel I can prevent any recurrence!! If not… Back to the doc I will go!!

Keep me posted on your recovery….

KCB

Offline jcbro

• Posting Member
KCBro - I too am looking for a surgeon in the KC area.  I have seen a couple of surgeons already for consultations and so far have not been impressed.  Could you tell me who was your plastic surgeon.  Also, how much was the cost.
Hope your recovery is going well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:35:54 AM by jcbro »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024