Author Topic: Wingman's Surgery w/Levick, Pictures Pre, Post and Of Surgery - One year later  (Read 43221 times)

Offline Jonny5

• Posting Member
In all honesty the only difference I see in any of your post-op pictures is that you're not in quite as good shape as you were. I hope you don't take offence at that, to me your chest looks great and unchanged....just a few pounds creeping on round the waist :P

Of course none of us can really see or particularly feel what you do and a lot of this stuff is mental. It sounds as if you've got everything in hand with injections and potentially revision should it come to that. All I can really say is try to keep it in perspective and be sure you're not chasing after something unachievable.

All the best

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
In all honesty the only difference I see in any of your post-op pictures is that you're not in quite as good shape as you were. I hope you don't take offence at that, to me your chest looks great and unchanged....just a few pounds creeping on round the waist :P

Of course none of us can really see or particularly feel what you do and a lot of this stuff is mental. It sounds as if you've got everything in hand with injections and potentially revision should it come to that. All I can really say is try to keep it in perspective and be sure you're not chasing after something unachievable.

All the best

Thanks for your thoughts Jonny, I appreciate your time. Agreed, I am not in as good shape as I was say at 3 months post op. I am about 6-7 pounds heavier for one, and haven't been working out as much as I used to. I could make excuses, but I won't  :-X. However, the creasing and concave effect of the nipple and pec was prevalent immediately after my op - it's just never gone away. I do need to work on that creeping belly, certainly no reservations there! :D

It's certainly a slow process and one that on one hand, I want to be sorted and correct asap, and on the other, I don't want to rush into anything that could be potentially damaging to me in the long term. However I, my girlfriend, and Mr Levick all agree that "it's not quite right", so I don't believe that I'm chasing something I can't obtain, necessarily, rather something which will take a little longer to realise. It's only been a year, and that might sound a long time, but it really isn't.

I really do appreciate the feedback though and it is worth saying that a lot of it is a mental struggle, not just a physical one, which has been preached over and over.

To anyone in a similar boat to me, the best way to deal with it is to contact your surgeon and discuss directly. 

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Jonny5

• Posting Member
Fair enough mate, sounds like you're taking a considered approach. I can only comment on the photos with the level of detail they offer, the 'big picture' looks good! Must be encouraging to have Levick's support and know you have options going forward.

At the moment I can only imagine what it will be like a year from now, I think my response was as much to remind myself to manage my own expectations as anything else. It's only with the longer term updates such as yours that the rest of us can get an idea of what's to come and prepare ourselves. I'm going to be taking off my dressings for the first time tomorrow. As much as I want to see what's going on under there it's completely terrifying.

Let us know how it goes after the next round of shots :)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey any updates? I have been readin all your posts since my surgery on Thursday and really liked how I have thoroughly documented progress. I will try to do similar! Hope you are doing ok...

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I have been for my second set of shots and the scar tissue has almost gone away however I still have the creasing and concave effect. Levick has advised me that the whole process can take longer and that the remaining soft tissue will go away in time.

I have voiced my concerns regarding corrective surgery and Levick is more than happy to proceed with anything I feel that needs to be done, entirely for free.

I am going to see Christmas out and start a rigorous diet and exercise in the New Year, and me and Levick have agreed to reconvene around March 2014 to discuss further options if I feel that it is necessary.

At the moment I can't predict the outcome. My chest feels great and looks great in clothing (and to be fair, out of clothing :D) but I'm still not entirely happy.

As always, if anyone has any questions please feel free to post them here or on a private message.

Thanks for the support as always.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Wingman - is corrective surgery only free for your first year post op or is it indefinitely? I always thought it was only free for a year after your op date but I think you are past that stage now?

I visited Levick a couple of months back and I still have some stubborn scar tissue but he told me to wait a few months to see if it resolves rather than jumping head first into any corrective surgery as it could set me back further still.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on, I too am happy with my chest but not quite 100% (I'm a bit of a perfectionist), maybe about 98%. Keep us posted.

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Wingman , any updates? Has all the scar tissue gone? Have you still got soft scar tissue? Hope it's all going well.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Good to hear from you mate.

I have slight creasing in my nipple occasionally but no issues with scar tissue. Ive also gained about 10lb since op day but most of that is from lifting. I'm in the process of bulking up and will also cut the BMI down in the new year.

Good to see people who helped me before my surgery (10 days away from 1 year ago) are still active. Though I can't say I have been.

The other side is worth it though. Things will keep ironing out over time. Nice to feel in control of your body shape!

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Glad to hear things are going well sjwsjw. You're one of the guys who had your op not long before I did.

I started back at the gym in February, bulked up by approx 1 and a half stone. Got the inevitble bodyfat increase that goes with that so I'm working on cutting now.

My chest isn't 'quite' there yet, I'd say I'm 98% happy. I'm hoping losing a bit of bodyfat will get me up that extra 2% :)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Yes Ricardo, good to hear from you too.

Same here, I'll find out in a couple of months a bit better as to where I really am. I'm happy enough for sure  :)

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Wingman - is corrective surgery only free for your first year post op or is it indefinitely? I always thought it was only free for a year after your op date but I think you are past that stage now?

I visited Levick a couple of months back and I still have some stubborn scar tissue but he told me to wait a few months to see if it resolves rather than jumping head first into any corrective surgery as it could set me back further still.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on, I too am happy with my chest but not quite 100% (I'm a bit of a perfectionist), maybe about 98%. Keep us posted.

I had a consultation with Mr Levick today. The Priory hospital offers upto 1 year aftercare but Mr Levick said as far as he's concerned it's for life. Bear in mind he is 66, although he said he has no plans to retire.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
I had a consultation with Mr Levick today. The Priory hospital offers upto 1 year aftercare but Mr Levick said as far as he's concerned it's for life. Bear in mind he is 66, although he said he has no plans to retire.

66? - I'd better step up my £saving efforts!!  Cancel Christmas!!!

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member

Cheers mate, that's good to know!

You should get a thread of your own up so you can keep us up to date with your situation. Good luck

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member

Cheers mate, that's good to know!

You should get a thread of your own up so you can keep us up to date with your situation. Good luck

Thanks, but I'm no-one special :) Plus I intend to have any surgery in the summer due to various commitments in my life in the next 6 months. This was always the plan for me, I just wanted to plan ahead and to know whether I had true gynaecomastia or pseudogaeynocamastia. I had read some internet article which said 90% of gynae was pseudogynaecomastia which was just high body fat, and could be gotten rid of via exercise and low bodyfat.

Interestingly, Mr Levick said there was no such thing as pseudogynacomastia and that I had 'marked' gynaecomastia despite having an 'impressive physique'!

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Hi wingman. Nice to see you still keeping us informed of your updates on here. I remember following your posts when I was first considering surgery with levick. I'm just over 1 year post op now and just had revision.

I totally relate to the fact that the healing process is as much a mental one as it is physical. I've had days in the months whereby I've felt really happy with my chest and others not so much. It's tiring at times but look at your pre op pics and then your most recent post ops - you're chest is looking great. I had my revision exactly a year after my original but levick said he's flexible with going over the year and only believes you in paying once.
Gyno free :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024