Author Topic: Question  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
I have decided to have the surgery to elminate my gynecomastia; however, I wanted to know if it will make a difference if I have a little bit of a belly at the time of surgery (small belly I am currently working on with exercise).  I am scheduled to see the PS on 8/9 for a consultation and wanted to know if he will still do the surgery if I have a little belly @ the time of surgury.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I don't see why he wouldn't if you have a "little" belly.  I think if you're morbidly obese, some doctor's might ask you to lose weight before the surgery.  Plus, losing the belly will obviously help with the aesthetics of your appearance.  It will give you more of a streamline look.  
Good luck.

DrBermant

I have decided to have the surgery to elminate my gynecomastia; however, I wanted to know if it will make a difference if I have a little bit of a belly at the time of surgery (small belly I am currently working on with exercise).  I am scheduled to see the PS on 8/9 for a consultation and wanted to know if he will still do the surgery if I have a little belly @ the time of surgury.

Liposuction of the stomach can be done at the time of male chest contouring.  However if the fat is behing the abdominal wall or if it is a general weight issue, then weight loss before surgery can be much better than losing weight after surgery.  Such issues are best discussed during a consultation after an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
I am really thinking about getting the liposuction done while I have the gyce done!  The surgeon's office quoted a figure of $4400 for just the gyne.  How much extra does lipo to the stomach cost (approximate figure)?  I am just concerned about how I will look with a flatter chest and a little belly.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 08:27:31 AM by Marq25 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024