Author Topic: Early puberty connection to Gynecomastia?  (Read 2324 times)

Monkey83

Was curious if anyone knew whether or not if there was a connection between starting puberty early, and Gynecomastia? It seems I entered into puberty earlier than any of my friends, and I was also the only one to get this?

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Was curious if anyone knew whether or not if there was a connection between starting puberty early, and Gynecomastia? It seems I entered into puberty earlier than any of my friends, and I was also the only one to get this?

Hi Monkey83,

I entered puberty about 11 and grew breasts very rapidly, up to about a C cup the first year, D cup in another year and eventually DD.  I also had folate and b12 deficiencies genetically which affects growth and hormones.  I was wondering if that was also a connecting possibly causative factor.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not think that the age of onset or the rate of maturation make serious differences.

I had a normal onset of puberty about the age of 11-12. After that things did get a bit screwy though. At the age of 48 an injury yielded some unusual X-rays and based upon the closure of the epiphyses of long bones my age was estimated to be 16-17 years.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024