Author Topic: Assistance & Guidance Reqd  (Read 4138 times)

Offline ALEXANDER999

Guys hi,

I am new to your site - I am originally from France -- Buy I have accepted a Position with my firm and moved to Toronto for the duration of my 2 year contract.

Earlier in my career I  played professional football(soccer) in France for 7 years -- I have had Gynecomastia since I can remember -- and yes there was a lot of ridicule when I took my jersey off in the club house -pre and post games during my playing days --

I have had surgery once in France approx 8 years ago --- But i have noticed that the last couple of years there has been some re-occurence of either gland build up or lipo accumulation in the chest area -with a more evident build up -on the left side

I am not overweight -although I do not exercise as much as I used to due to a leg injury that i suffered during my playing days

I am 180 cm and 84 kg --which is about 6foot & 185 lbs -- I thought it was basically fat and i would loose it doing aerobic exercising -- but it has not gone away -- and the accumulation of fat/lipo/gland/subcutaneous fat --is predominatelly in the chest area ---

It has made it difficult for me to where any contoured fitting clothes because when they are tucked into the paints - i do not have a flat appearnce --i am also barrel chested as well -and the added gyne/fat/lipo just makes the effect in my opinion unappealing --

I have thought of having surgery and this is why i am posting and would like some assistance on what to do -who to see what to be prepared for etc.

I am interested in having a consultation but do not know who to go to and what to expect --ie --COST -
TIME - how long before surgery --how long after surgery before you see results -
AGE - is this accepatable at this age -I am going to be 40 next month and was thinking that maybe I should just try and accept it --BUT it is something that I do not want to do !!!
I still try to be active and i am feeling uncomfortable -when i am wearing a tshirt - I would like to have it tucked into the pants - but if i leave it out the effect is less noticeable
DOCTORS - which are considered the the better and could offer satisfying results

Any assistance or info would greatlly be appreciated --

Thank You

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have thought of having surgery and this is why i am posting and would like some assistance on what to do -who to see what to be prepared for etc.

I am interested in having a consultation but do not know who to go to and what to expect --ie --COST -
TIME - how long before surgery --how long after surgery before you see results -
AGE - is this accepatable at this age -I am going to be 40 next month and was thinking that maybe I should just try and accept it --BUT it is something that I do not want to do !!!
I still try to be active and i am feeling uncomfortable -when i am wearing a tshirt - I would like to have it tucked into the pants - but if i leave it out the effect is less noticeable
DOCTORS - which are considered the the better and could offer satisfying results

Alexander...

Welcome to the boards Broh....  :)

I highly recommend Dr. John Craig Fielding in Toronto. His contact info is in my Sig below. Sorry JCF has neither a Website nor a business email addy. To arrange for a consult, call Dr. Fielding's office and talk to his secretary 'Leslie'. She will set you up with a consultation with the Doc.

You say you are from France. Have you attained Canadian Citizenship? Or Ontario resident status? You see, OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) will pay for Excision and all Hospital fees. The patient is responsible for any Liposuction that is required. Lipo with JCF is approx $1800. I paid $1280 (tax in) two years ago. If you qualify for OHIP coverage, the consult fee is paid by OHIP.

The wait for surgery from consult day is anywhere from 2 weeks to 3-4 months. It depends on how busy the Doc is. If you call Leslie from time to time, you may be able to pick up a cancellation.

Surgery results... that all depends on how much work was done and how the individual heals. All my bruising and swelling was gone by the second week and feeling my old self at 3 months. Some guys report that they still have swelling at 3 months. It all depends on your health at the time, whether you smoke or not. Oh, yeah, and if you do smoke, you have to stop 2 weeks prior to surgery. There's many factors that influence the time it takes to heal.

There is no 'Age Limit'. I was 41 when I had my GRS with JCF. I'm 43 now. Dude, you are only 39! You are still very young and have alot of living to do. You don't want to live the rest of your days with the burden of Gynecomastia.

I hear ya about being 'Barrel Chested'. I too, am barrel chested. That, combined with 'D' cup  m(o)(o)bs, made it impossible to look appealing with shirts tucked in. I always wore either an 'untucked' button-down shirt with breast pockets and a tight tshirt underneath, or, a very baggy, very loose fitting sweat shirt with a tight tshirt underneath. A winter jacket halfway through summer... well you know how it goes eh. The things we do to hide it....   :-\

So yeah, call Dr. Fielding's office explain your situation and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ALEXANDER999

Grandpa Bambu

thank you very much for the prompt response -- yes i have Canadian citizenship and a OHIP card --

I thank you also for the contact info for Dr. Fielding -- I had a lot of hesitation and second guesssing -But from your reply a lot of my reserves have gone --

I felt relieved that you addressed the issue with the Barrel Chest - that combined with the gynecomastia has made me feel very hesitant to put anything on that would fit firmly --

I will be calling the Doctors office next week for a consultation- Once again I want to thank you - your expertise is making me feel a lot more comfortable --I always had it in the back of my mind to have 2nd surgery --and hopefully from what I see with the expertiuse that Dr. Fielding has had - it will once and for all be all gone.

Thank you  for your assistance :) :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I felt relieved that you addressed the issue with the Barrel Chest - that combined with the gynecomastia has made me feel very hesitant to put anything on that would fit firmly.

Yeah, I hear ya on that dude!

When I would tuck in shirts, the size of my chest would pull most of it back out if I stood up very straight. Then it would be all baggy at my stomach. Did not look good at all....   :-\

Let us know how you make out with JCF.

PS.... You mentioned that you had GRS 8 years ago and it has reoccurred. You may want to visit an Endocrinologist prior to a PS to see if there is an ongoing, underlaying hormonal condition that caused your gyne to return. If you have Dr. Fielding reduce your gyne, it may return again for a third time if you have hormonal problems that are not treated.

GB
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 08:38:03 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Dr. Fielding may be good but I didn't find his office (secretary) too accomodating.  Firstly I had to wait three months for an appointment.  Then when something at work came up and I couldn't make it that week, she said I had to wait another period, so I said f#ck this, I'm not waiting to see anyone whose office treats me like a piece of sh&t over the phone. 

However, Dr. Lista, who I eventually chose because of his PAL method, has great respect for Fielding.  I strongly suggest consulting with two or three doctors to see which one you feel most comfortable with, and ask about their various techniques.   

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey marx,
although i understand your frustration, i think you are a little harsh. fielding receives a lot of requests explaing the long wait. By cancelling your appointment, you cant really expect to be rescheduled the same week or the week after since his schedule is always booked about 2 to 3 months ahead. maybe she could have proposed to call you if a cancellation arrives but then again... i dont really think you can put the blame on Leslie.... she is generally very nice....

i agree with you..., consult more then one ps is the best you can do before going under the knife. dont rush into things....

hope it went well for you with Lista...
take care
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

However, Dr. Lista, who I eventually chose because of his PAL method, has great respect for Fielding.

I read somewhere that Fielding and Lista were Med schoolmates.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024