Author Topic: 15 years of misery, 2 unsuccessful attempt...hope  (Read 5834 times)

Offline nate

Hi,

I've been living with gynecomastia since 11 yrs old. I'm 27 now.

I had a surgery when i was 17. I could hardly see any difference! Above that there's a huge 'U' shape scar below my brest.

Then, i braved myself for a 2nd surgery under another surgeon. This guy practically conned the hell out of me and my dad!

There is no way i can keep on living like this. I'm well updated about gynecomastia now then i was 10 years ago, thanks to this site. I need a grandular excision.

I'm currently residing in Malaysia. Could anyone pls advise if you have know of any surgeons around the south east asia region (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand)?

Pls also advise on the first steps. I've been trying to get the list of registered surgeons...but it's taking forever.

With a hope of leading a normal life

Appreciate your response
Nate

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
hi, nate, welcome to the boards.  

repeating a post some minutes back, a competent ps will attempt to hide scars, either on the edge of the areola or under the arms for a lipo op.  

you could search with the site engine at top of page, set it back to a year or more, but i only recall a singapore inquiry and not sure it got a response.  you might wind up traveling to australia if you don't find a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon closer to home.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline nate

Thank you,

Will try to search for it.
Why, is it such a difficult procedure that not many can do it?
I still think it's not too complicated if the person has the knowledge and experience.
After all it's only a 3hr max Op right?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Nate,
Don't know about Malaysia, but that's just it, in the states a lot of Dr. can "do it'' just don't do a great job.  As long as you find a competent surgeon who has removed gyne many times before, you should be ok. I think the hard part isn't the surgery, it's finding the right surgeon.

Like Headheldhigh said, down under might be your best bet.

Best of luck to you.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 05:00:35 PM by jc71 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the issue is basically appearance.  anyone can cut a line and excise stuff out.  you want them to do it in a way that'll hide the scar and settle back to a normal even contour, and that might involve things like adjusting the mass beneath evenly with lipo touchup or whatever else.  don't get a generalist who thinks removal is removal with no technique.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 05:45:14 PM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline anonymalaysian

• Posting Member
Hi,

I've been living with gynecomastia since 11 yrs old. I'm 27 now.

I had a surgery when i was 17. I could hardly see any difference! Above that there's a huge 'U' shape scar below my brest.

Then, i braved myself for a 2nd surgery under another surgeon. This guy practically conned the hell out of me and my dad!

There is no way i can keep on living like this. I'm well updated about gynecomastia now then i was 10 years ago, thanks to this site. I need a grandular excision.

I'm currently residing in Malaysia. Could anyone pls advise if you have know of any surgeons around the south east asia region (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand)?

Pls also advise on the first steps. I've been trying to get the list of registered surgeons...but it's taking forever.

With a hope of leading a normal life

Appreciate your response
Nate

Hi Nate. Didn't notice this comment. I'm Malaysian, BTW. So far, the only hospital that actually claims experience in gynecomastia is the Penang Adventist Hospital. It is expensive, though. See http://www.pah.com.my/specialties/plastic_&_reconstructive_surgery/male_body.asp

Considering you are in Malaysia, it would be easier to go to Penang instead of, say, Singapore, and cheaper too. (Plus, Penang food is better than Singapore's). If you are interested in Thailand, the only hospital I know that actually carries information about hte surgery online is Bumrungrad (which has a lot of info on gyno - http://www.bumrungrad.com/plasticsurgery/cosmetic_gynecomastia.asp).

As for going Down Under - that is a possiblity, but remember, it is very expensive. If you can't find a right surgeon in ASEAN, then go to Aussieland or Hong Kong, or the likes.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
The huge U shaped scar you said is under you breast?
WHat do you mean by this? Around the areola, or under the actual breast?
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
How about in the Philippines? Do you know anyone who performs gyne operations? I was referred to Dr. Manalo by my endocrinologist at Makati Medical Center. My endo doc said he as past experince operating on basketball payers with gyne, but when I called at Manalo's ofc and asked if he can produce pictures of his past operations his secretary said there arent any.
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024