Author Topic: another is it a gyno or not question  (Read 5684 times)

Offline chriscrosss

• Posting Member
Yes, one can remove fat "by hand" through the peri-areolar incision -- but it will never be as smooth and uniform as with a lipo cannula -- sorry.

Dr Jacobs

does liposuction can be made if the inssurance are not
paying for it. I mean if the gland removal and all the others fees are
beeing taken care of, can a surgeon do a quick pass with a cannula?
or do I have to pay for it? if I do have to pay for it how much would it cost me?
I know you probably dont know my surgeon rate but can you give me a rough
idea of the price?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Liposuction is not just a "quick pass" with a cannula -- there is much more to it than that.

You should speak to your surgeon and see whether he would perform adjunctive liposuction at the same time and what his costs would be.  Yes, you would probably have to pay for that.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline chriscrosss

• Posting Member
Liposuction is not just a "quick pass" with a cannula -- there is much more to it than that.

You should speak to your surgeon and see whether he would perform adjunctive liposuction at the same time and what his costs would be.  Yes, you would probably have to pay for that.

Dr Jacobs

I can only speak to my surgeon on the appointment on the 7th of Feb
For now the only thing I need to know is how much money I need to save for that.
that is why I am asking for a rough estimate so I can know how much I need to save.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
If your surgery is being paid for by insurance through your military, are you having surgery with a plastic surgeon or a general surgeon?  General surgeons typically don't perform liposuction.  If you are not getting liposuction, for whatever reason, there's a chance you can get a nice result with gland excision only because you appear to be very lean and have very little chest wall fat.  I think results are better with liposuction and gland excision, as most plastic surgeons on this forum say, but if that's not possible, it's worth having the gland removed in my opinion to see how you will look.

Good luck next month!

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline chriscrosss

• Posting Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=29584.msg194277#msg194277 date=1418336401]
If your surgery is being paid for by insurance through your military, are you having surgery with a plastic surgeon or a general surgeon?  General surgeons typically don't perform liposuction.  If you are not getting liposuction, for whatever reason, there's a chance you can get a nice result with gland excision only because you appear to be very lean and have very little chest wall fat.  I think results are better with liposuction and gland excision, as most plastic surgeons on this forum say, but if that's not possible, it's worth having the gland removed in my opinion to see how you will look.

Good luck next month!

Dr. Pope, MD
[/quote]

yes it will be a plastic surgeon and I will borrow money if I need to
I dont want to take any chance on this.
it is all paid by the military inssurance the only thing they dont cover is the lipo.

cant wait...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024