Author Topic: 1 week post op  (Read 5699 times)

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
Saw Dr. Fielding for a 1 week post op consultation and in the meantime saw the results for the first time. Pretty happy about it. Didn't have a major case though. He says everything is looking good. I had major blisters on the sides from the tape though. I will post before and after pics when i get a chance. It really isn't that painful. I was expecting worse. I have only used about 3 Tylenol 3's they gave me. I think the 3rd and 4th day were the worst and even that wasn't that bad. What bothered me was yesterday, I was at work and my boss passed me a warehouse box, probably  weighing i don't know maybe 60 - 70 lbs. It happened so fast I didn't have time to say anything. I just reacted and i delivered it for her down the hall. I hope I didn't damage anything. I was told  no heavy lifting by Dr. Fielding for another 2 weeks. I wasn't too happy about that.

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
So your operation was last wednesday (13th) ?

I also had major blisters !!! What did the doc tell you they were about ?

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
Yup the 13th. He just said the blisters were from the tape and to put some polysporin or some skin cream on it, so i did.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 09:57:06 AM by John_M123 »

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
Really - what time was your operation ? Mine was at 10:30 (which ended up being 11:45)

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
I was right before you. The reason for the delay was because they were waiting on another Dr., who was supposed be assisting Dr. Fielding. He was M.I.A. in the hospital.  I had to wait on the operating table for a good half hour with my arms strapped down like Christ himself.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 12:42:19 PM by John_M123 »

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
Good, I finally know that that delay was about !

Are you from the GTA area ?

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
Yes from the GTA area. Hey, how was the op. I don't even know how long I was under for. I was pretty out of it. All I remember was the good looking female attendants in the operating room I was chatting up during my most uncomfortable situation.  Anyways, everything is fine now, no regrets. If anything he probably could have taken a little more out of the left side, as the left originally had a little more. Although I am only 1 week post op and I think the swelling will go down quite a bit, but pretty much i am quite content.    
I wouldn't have done this without coming across this website. Anyone who is thinking about it getting it done, and it bothers them enough, get it done. There is nothing to it!  And go with Dr. Fielding, he is the man!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 11:43:05 AM by John_M123 »

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
Funny, my left is also a little more full to the side, but I think it simply swelling and it will go down.

My left is completely numb as well, as my right is just fine.... what aout you ?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Anyone who is thinking about it getting it done, and it bothers them enough, get it done. There is nothing to it!  And go with Dr. Fielding, he is the man!

Agreed!

JCF.... HE-DA-MAN!        ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 03:40:55 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
I think Fielding is my HERO !!!

bow to the king...
:o

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
Yeah same with me, left is numb and sore and more swollen and kinda hard just below the blisters and accross to the chest, while the right is fine. Do you have to see Fielding in 2 months. I do. Did you go for the 1 week post op? He told me everything is fine. But this tensor bandage is kind of a  pain in the you know what. Sometimes by moving around I notice the bandage has shifted and is not covering across the nipple area of the chest. I'm trying to compress it as much as possible, also does anyone know if you can put the tensor bandage in the washing machine?

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
being out of town, I saw him 3 days later and he also told me everything was fine. The tensor bandage is a pain, and I wash them manually with hot water...

How long are you planning on keeping the tensor wrap?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024