Author Topic: What to expect?  (Read 10615 times)

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
hey man,had surgery in feb and everything is looking pretty good,i was released the same day as surgery but as for driving I don't think there's any freakin' way ;)my mom was with me and had to bring me out in a wheel chair...(I was wobbly at first)the pain was onlymoderate for about 3-4 days...as for the consultation I was in and out in about 10 minutes, the only uncomfortable part being when Fielding grabs youre tatts...

like you guys I'm also over 6 feet and weigh in at about 200...hope this helps..
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The only uncomfortable part being when Fielding grabs youre tatts...

Agreed! :-/

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
So Bambu (and anyone else that had surgery with Fielding at St. Joe's) , when you wake up are you in a room with other patients? what happens, you wake up, nurse checks you out, get dressed, go home?

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
I woke up in a hallway, then was brought into a large "recovery room".There we're a lot of other people in there post-op,i think you have to stay 2-3 hours before being released...and that's about it!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I woke up in the recovery ward. There are other patients there as it is a large room. Yeah, so you wake up, the nurses check you out, you wait an hour or so and then you can get dressed and go home. Easy huh!  ;)

My Wife was with me in recovery and she got me an ice cold apple juice. I'm not much of an apple juice drinker but man it sure cured a bad case of dry mouth!

John.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 04:09:14 PM by Bambu »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
Interesting (never had surgery before, it scares me to be honest, but i figure this is probably the simplest surgery there is)

when you change from your street clothes into the gown, where do you do it? where do you keep your clothes while your not wearing them?  how big is the gown, can u at least wear those gown pant things, don't tell me your naked under there, are the boys gettin some air while the doctor takes away the moobs...

how does anasthesia work, is it something hooked up into your bloodstream or something u breathe in (sorry about these questions, i know they may sound stupid)

Offline FB

• Silver Member

You change in the Admitance Room for Surgery, They give you a day bag where you pack all of your clothes and then you change into the gown. They keep you bag until you're finished.  You wear nothing underneath.
Anasthesia is a needle and I think you are hooked up like intervenus(sp) but it could be a one time injection - not sure on that one. Either way, you are  K-O'ed  and then wake up in the recovery room - once you are awake they wheel you into a hospital room (they did for me because I came from out of town). I stayed the night and then drove home the next day - that's it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 03:53:50 PM by freezerburnt »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member

You wear nothing underneath.

this is weird, i got nothing to hide really, but it's just weird

Offline FB

• Silver Member
it's incase you crap your pants while your under the knife...you still have a clean set to go home with..

..kidding of course

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I'm sure you could keep your boxers on if you wanted to. There's no reason it should make any difference. I know I certainly did!
etc.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm sure you could keep your boxers on if you wanted to. There's no reason it should make any difference. I know I certainly did!

Yeah, you don't have to take off your shorts. They aren't operating on your boys.... ;)

John.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
Agreed!I left the "gitch"  on too! :)

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
I wonder if anyone on this board has offered to take somebody home after surgery if they didn't want anyone else to know, kind of a support group instead of a nurse or somebody's mom.

I know I sure could have used a buddy system to take me home from the hospital because I lied to the admin and gave just anybody's phone number saying that I would call myself after the procedure.  Luckily, no one insisted or argued, and I went home in a taxi alone.  I live a few blocks from the hospital.

Is there a buddy system of any kind?

About My Surgery

I had a large quantity of breast fat along with glands that required surgery.

After my surgery, there was a lump of fat or saggy skin below my right nipple and the left still had a good quantity of material left.

So on the right side, I am indented and on the left, still protruberant.

Dr. Fielding stated that it was because of the amount of material that came out that the results of my surgery were good, though incomplete.  He suggested that waiting till a year has expired from time of surgery would give us a very good idea of what the final result is given that there may be a small quantity of residual breast fat and that my skin appeared saggy below my right nipple.

As days wear on, I am deeply depressed and anxious about my condition post op, but to tell the truth, my right side is looking better by slow degrees.

My boobs were about 300 ml a piece, so for a guy 5' 8", that is a lot.  They really were very good boobs come to think about it, but basically what was wrong with them is they were on the wrong gender.

During my initial consultation, Dr. Fielding did not require to touch anything for examination (when other doctors just grabbed or said there was nothing there) and afterwards wrote with a pen where the surgery was required, which was quite clinical.

I will go for another consultation in August to return to the operating room later for completion.

Considering what I went through if the same results were obtained after a $5000 plastic surgery,  then I would have been obliged to repeat the experience to obtain satisfaction and pay out another fee.

I am still occasionally in pain, and I can see they were right that lipo is not quite the easy, routine procedure.

My advice to anyone considering surgery is to see consult with a general practicioner first, then try one plastic surgeon to find out the fee if you can stand waiting in a plastic surgeon's waiting room choked with women seeking boob jobs or face lifts, none of them who require it, and Dr. Fielding.

A prospective patient does not require a referral for Dr. Fielding, though a plastic surgeon like Dr. Lista will give you a quicker turnaround than medicare.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
Hey Boobies Redux, did Fielding do the original surgery?

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
Yes, Dr. Fielding did the surgery.  He seems confident that I may not require surgery in the end and that it is merely a matter of time before I revert to normal.

btw, I did not require a compression vest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024