Author Topic: when will it go away?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline ihategynae

i am 15 and i have a lump in my right nipple. i have had it for about 1 year now. I want it to go away. Does anyone know how long it normally takes? I am skinny, and it is very noticable.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
maybe by the end of puberty?

have you been to the Pediatrician?

DrBermant

i am 15 and i have a lump in my right nipple. i have had it for about 1 year now. I want it to go away. Does anyone know how long it normally takes? I am skinny, and it is very noticable.

Gynecomastia frequently goes away on its own. Most male babies have some small breast buds at birth from their mother's hormones in the womb.  This typically resolves.  Many teenagers have gynecomastia from the imbalance of hormones during puberity.  Gynecomastia that persits for more than 2 years often typically does not resolve on its own. When should surgery be done on a young man is a very common question addressed here.

I have operated on many teenagers for this problem. Some have posted here in this forum. Here are links to parents comments about their sons'  surgery.

It depends on the degree of the problem, emotional concerns, current breast growth, and other factors best explored with an experienced surgeon during a consultation after an examination.

Many teenage patients have told me that using the internet helped them talk with their parents about their gynecomastia.  Here is a movie I posted about the emotion of living with gynecomastia many have told me helped.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024