Author Topic: dr hunt  (Read 19329 times)

Offline rawr

• Posting Member
hi, I have a consultation booked with dr jeremy hunt soon. What experiences have people had with him? What is the average cost of procedure with him? Thanks

Offline rawr

• Posting Member
Also, I heard that the compression garment has to be worn for several weeks following post op. If this is the case, when can I take it off? What if I wanted to go to the beach for an hour or so? Possible?

Will I want to go to the beach? Or will scars be too visable?

Reason I ask is because I am going on Holidays and it might be only a couple weeks post op, and I'd love to go to the beach.

Thankyou.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Your compression garment will have to be warn for about 6 weeks. Also try and avoid any contact with the sun as it will change your scar tissues colour and may remain that way (be an off colour from the rest of your skin). If you must go to the beach, put lots of sunscreen on (ask your PS when this will be ok, because it will depend on how well you are healing), and wear a shirt as much as possible. Slip slop slap wrap! Note, I do not suggest going into the sun with a bare chest until you have healed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:37:31 AM by cecly »

Offline rawr

• Posting Member
Hi, I've been quote $8500, and $7300 after rebate.

I'd like to go through with this, however my parents aren't happy at all. They insist they see nothing wrong with me, but fail to consider how I feel about it.

Anyway, my mum said I'm stupid as I should wait till I'm 21 because I'm 18 and she assures me they will go away. I don't believe this.

My hormone levels are stable, what are the chances of this going away? I don't think I can handle another 2-3 years with this.

Thanks

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
The chances of it going away are slim to none if you've had it since you're 11. As far as going to the beach, how long after surgery were you intending on going? To my understanding its about a 1-6 months before you will look normal

Offline rawr

• Posting Member
I've decided to have the surgery after my holiday for best results. So that isn't a factor. It's whether I should HAVE the surgery.

It's so hard to convince my parents about how I feel about it.

I just want to make sure the surgery is worth it, as I'm going to take out a personal loan. If there is no chance of it going way (which seems to be the case), then I'll definitely get the surgery. Like I said, I couldn't deal with another 2-3 years of it.

Offline rawr

• Posting Member
bump. is $8500 too much? am I being diddled?

i have seen people paying nearly half that!

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
bump. is $8500 too much? am I being diddled?

i have seen people paying nearly half that!

Depends, Dr Hunt seems to be a reputable surgeon and as far as we know Sue and Dr Hunt are the only ones in Australia. However Sue is more around the $5,000 mark but I dont think you live in melbourne. Although you could have a little holiday down in melbourne which would be nice for the first week of recover (not having to put up with any questions etc.)

Offline rawr

• Posting Member
Yeah, I was considering her, but don't I need a referral for her? I have one for Dr Hunt, can I use that one, or will one need to be made out to her?

Also I have planned my time off work already, so it would be hard to book it with her then.

Offline crimsont

• Posting Member
Im moving to Sydney in the near future and have been saving for the last few years for a gyno procedure which i am sure will be a life changing experience for me.

Ive heard quite abit about Dr Jeremy Hunt. Ive spent a fair amount of time researching his website and reading up about him.

Does anyone have any other experiences about Dr Jeremy Hunt that they can share. I want to know as much information as I possibly can before I choose a surgeon for my procedure.

I have also heard of Dr Norris and Dr Tavakoli, but am leaning towards Dr Hunt.

If anyone can share their experiences that would be greatly appreciated.

Offline crimsont

• Posting Member
Does anyone have any news about Dr Jeremy Hunt? Its been a few weeks and I havent heard anything from anyone here about Dr Jeremy Hunt. Its getting closer to the date that I move to Australia with my family and hopefully start my new life. Having this surgery is a really huge step for me so the more information I can get about the surgeons I am looking at the better. I really cant wait and am very excited. I can see this being a whole new life for me. Ive put up with alot of stares and sniggers for a long time, so moving forward with my life is really important. I was reading an article about Dr Jeremy Hunt on an Australian news website, sounded really positive. It seems like Dr Jeremy Hunt is in the media a fair bit in Australia, which I guess can be a good or a bad thing, but most if not nearly all of what I read is positive and sounds honest. I still have time to research and study. So if anyone can share any info or experiences it would be hugely appreciated. The more info the better.

Offline mm75

I know a lot of men who have had there surgery with DR Jeremy Hunt in Sydney.  They have all been really happy with him and the results have been excellent.  He has been doing this for years and has a lot of experience. He is one of the best gynaecomastia surgeons in town and takes the time to listen to his patients. His staff are really good too, they are very helpful. I would recommend Dr Jeremy Hunt in Sydney if you are after a good surgeon. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024