Poll

What type of garment do you wear normally/the most to ether hide and or enhance?

gynecomastia vest
2 (15.4%)
compression shirt
4 (30.8%)
nothing
3 (23.1%)
sports bras
1 (7.7%)
other typical bras
3 (23.1%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 12, 2008, 12:48:21 AM

Author Topic: The garment question.  (Read 42728 times)

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
Be honest how do you manage your gynecomastia?

Offline koyo

• Posting Member
Started with various sports bras and they worked for some time. But, I just seemed like I needed more back support. I'm now using the Underarmour brand of compression shirts from the heat gear line. These not only keep things from 'flopping' around they also provide support to my entire torso :)

They can be somewhat pricey but, they also fall into the price range of a good sports bra. The best time (at least in my area) is to get the heat gear version now (near Fall) because there are sales going on to make room for warmer clothing. Two were reduced from 49.99 to 34.99 and the sleeveless was priced at 24.99 .

I have the Metal Series full compression t-shirt and it has gone through 4 wash cycles and is still doing great. Make sure to follow the cleaning instructions. It gives me great support. I also have a sleeveless version and it is still holding up but does not seem to give me the same support.

I still use the sports bra now and then if the shirts are being washed or I just feel I want to. The thing here is to remember that these are for your support and will most likely give you the mental support to get out there and exercise like it has for me.  I have noticed an increase in men wearing sports bras under t-shirts at the gym because of 'our' problems as well as the compression shirts. The main thing is that we are out there trying to take care of ourselves ;)

Koyo

Offline booty_frijoles

• Posting Member
Tape --- that left me with horrible scars. Now I just use size small under armour shirts. Tape still worked better.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have pondered a shapewear camisole.  Anyone try it?  It looks like it ~should~ be invisible.

http://www.herroom.com/Maidenform-12416-Control-It-Camisole.shtml

I am taking a trip here (3000+ miles) and I find that driving after an hour or so things get fairly uncomfortable and I am quite apprehensive about the trip coming and not having something to help.  I have been looking in stores around me for compression shirts and not finding them.  I can't really do mail order, want to look at them in person first.

Oh, I am around 38B/C-40B range. 

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I did try the Walmart version of the Maidenform one (Work-It brand, made by Maidenform) and the Assets by Sara B brand from Target and they do not compress the abdomen and make the breasts larger, at least on me.  They do help with bounce, enough that the pain I had is gone.  For now I will keep using them unless weather is too hot to.

But they help and are virtually undetectable.  If anything they look like a sleeveless T-shirt.

Offline jdb

• Posting Member
I pretty much wear a sports bra all the time http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15597.0.  Much cooler than a compression vest and almost completely hides them. I do not feel emasculated by wearing one as both myself and my wife have got used to the idea. I have given up wearing it just for going out as I found I could not escape people even at home.  That look from the postman still makes my blood run cold.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 04:09:01 AM by jdb »

Offline alane

• Posting Member
I like sports bra, but there are some typical bras I have found to be quite comfortable and provide good support when I'm at home. The only problem with typical bras is that I really have put them on to try it, but I just buy it and hope that it works most of the time.

Offline koyo

• Posting Member
On Sports bras...
I have been using a series of them from Danskin and have noticed that even if they are from the same 'series', believe it or not each color (white, gray,black) has characteristics of its own. I was surprised by this  ??? .

Oh well, I am using a size 42 Danskin 'NOW' series. Anyone else use these? They work good for me but I wish they had a little more side support because things kind of bulge out on the side. But apart from that, they have been good and they can be found at Walmart for under 20.00  :)

These have been comfortable enough to fall asleep in and wear for long periods of time. I just hope that they will not be too hot in he Summer. So any ideas for the summer heat time?

Koyo

Offline cowboyaaron

• Posting Member
Well, to cover my single puffed right nipp which is completly noticable with a hoodie that i wear all the time. .....I need a compresion shirt.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
Banaids? ouch...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Whether we call them Plasters or Bandaids, they are tape in one form or another. The main problem with any form of adhesive tape is that they can cause tears in the skin and scars over time which are worse than the problem which was originally intended to be hidden.

Unless your intent is to make your condition even worse, leave the Tape, Bandaids, and Plasters alone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline rubrub

wear smaller size heavy contton Tshirt and loose western shirt with two front flap pockets.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024