Author Topic: 25 yrs old Looking for answers  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Corey10

• Posting Member
Hello-

I'd like to share my story since I have no answers and have run out of ideas.

I am 25 years old 5'9 184lbs. I noticed lumps under my nipples around the age of 23. They have progressively gotten worse and more painful under my left nipple and are no longer present in my right. I work out on a consistent basis and am above average in  muscularity. However, I have never taken steroids only supplement is protein shakes.

I visited my primary physician and a surgeon. Both told me I have gynecomastia and not to worry. I am worried. It is getting worse by the month and is constantly painful. Not sure what else I can include in this brief synopsis. Please help me out with ideas and comments.

Thanks

DrBermant

Hello-

I'd like to share my story since I have no answers and have run out of ideas.

I am 25 years old 5'9 184lbs. I noticed lumps under my nipples around the age of 23. They have progressively gotten worse and more painful under my left nipple and are no longer present in my right. I work out on a consistent basis and am above average in  muscularity. However, I have never taken steroids only supplement is protein shakes.

I visited my primary physician and a surgeon. Both told me I have gynecomastia and not to worry. I am worried. It is getting worse by the month and is constantly painful. Not sure what else I can include in this brief synopsis. Please help me out with ideas and comments.

Thanks

Pain and increasing gland size are common symptoms of gynecomastia gland hormonal stimulation and are best evaluated by a competent Endocrinologist. There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia, that if not treated, will result in continued breast growth even after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Corey10

• Posting Member
Thanks. I guess the only option is to see an endocrinologist. Any tips for screening for one that is competent?

DrBermant

Thanks. I guess the only option is to see an endocrinologist. Any tips for screening for one that is competent?

I have used the Castle Connolly Top Doctor in America. Look for a doctor who is in the current guide. In their search for doctors section, you can specify Endocrinologist.

They limit which doctors you can search for unless you pay them a fee or that doctor has hospitals paying to get him / her listed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024