Author Topic: crater deformities  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
I had surgery almost 3 weeks ago (puffy nipples), and while my right nipple looks perfect my left nipple has a crease in the middle and looks like it is folded together. my surgeon said this will correct itself within a few weeks but I am getting worried that it wont and that i have a crater deformity on that side.  Is this normal for this to happen or is something not right?

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
Any replies would be awesome

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The photos are very poor and do not tell us anything.  And since it is only three weeks since surgery, why not give your surgeon the benefit of the doubt and let things settle down?

There are many changes that occur during the initial weeks after surgery -- and what you see one day may disappear the next day.  In any case, even if something needed to be done, now is not the time to even think of it.

Best to chill and think of other things besides your chest and allow Mother Nature to do her thing.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
Thank you for your reply Dr Jacobs.  I want to believe my surgeon it's just that everything i have read online seems to counteract what he is telling me. You're right tho, worrying won't do anything so i'll see how it shapes out over the next few weeks.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
The photos on my computer look like there has been some alteration of the nipples digitally,perhaps its due to a poor quality photo.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
It's hard to take a good picture because the tape is still covering the incisions and needs to stay on for another week.  What i'm wondering basically is if you've ever heard of indentations behind the nipple or creasing through the middle of the nipple after surgery, and whether it has corrected itself. I am now 3 weeks post op and i know i need a lot more time to heal but I just wanted to know if this has happened to others.

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
Even with crappy quality pictures, can you make out the small indentation on the right side (my left side)?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I think that what your describing is visible, but at this point, it's really too early to know if the irregularities you notice now will resolve or not.  Give it some time...

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
yeah ill just give it some more time to heal. it's just hard being patient when you have no idea what the outcome is going to be. appreciate the input Dr. Silverman.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I do see the fold on the left and would advise giving it more time . If the fold does not correct itself it certainly can be revised. The fold is not really a crater deformity.A crater deformity also more commonly referred to as a saucer  deformity
means the area under the nipple and areola is depressed just like a saucer before you place the tea cup on it.The complete area is lower than the surrounding tissue.Hang in there!

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
Appreciate the input Dr. Pensler...tomorrow is my 4 week post op follow up appointment. My doctor told me tomorrow the vest and medical tape can come off and I can begin massaging the scar tissue so hopefully that will help relax the area more.

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
Any idea what the average time is for something like this to correct itself?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024