Author Topic: Crater deformities  (Read 2000 times)

Offline CIder Mills

• Posting Member
I've been on the gynecomastia site for a few years now, but I was wondering if anyone has had any successful revision procedures done for crater deformities.  
I've had 3 procedures in the past 4 years.  I always felt uncomfortable about nipple puffiness - had a quick outpatient procedure done, which involved some lipo on each side, and didn't change anything.  The second procedure was two years later, day surgery with a different provider who took glandular tissue out of both sides, but I ended up with crater deformities on each side, and the third procedure was last May - fat injections, which were to fix the craters, but changed nothing.  
I am more insecure about my crater deformities and obvious asymmetry of my chest than I ever was with my puffy nipples.  Some skin adhered to the muscle behind it and visibly tugs on my chest, so one could look at me and wonder what the heck my story is, as its obvious I had something done to my chest.  My right nipple is on a crease, so it actually folds into itself.  I tried working on building my chest, but my genetics work against me and I'm not able to build the muscle to change anything.  The two surgeons I had were both board certified.  If I could have done it over again, I'd probably never have had the surgeries OR I would have sought out a surgeon who had extensive experience with this procedure.  
I met with a new Doctor last week, and discussed a dermal fat graft from my abdomen to place into my right side, and fat injections spun in a centrifuge for my left side.  I'm worried that in addition to having a wonky looking chest with tugs, loose skin, tight skin, folds, depressions etc, that I'll also be adding 'strange abdominal depression' to my list of things that make me feel and look strange.
It wasnt supposed to be this way.    Has anyone had experience with this, or an fat graft from your abd?  I would expect some scarring, but I dont want a crater deformity in my abdomen too.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have had considerable success in treating crater deformities, skin adherence, etc with fat flaps.  However, you should post some photos to illustrate the problem so that you can garner some comments from members of the forum.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline CIder Mills

• Posting Member
Ok Dr. Jacobs.  
Do i just post them here?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Post them on this forum if you can.  It is best to have another person take photos of you because illustrating the depth of a crater with a photo is difficult.  You may have to take several photos with your arms raised and the camera at an angle so that the flash can illustrate the depth of the crater.  Then post the best ones.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024