Author Topic: Shame to Embarrassment to Toleration to Acceptance to Appreciation to ?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Busty

Yes, a nice 40 minutes of naked boobs bouncing and jiggling, saluted nipples on perky young breasts. What male wouldn’t be mesmerized?

Offline SideSet

I got so that it became routine for me.  For PE, I would now just automatically strip off my top and play the games topless without hardly even thinking about it, no longer feeling ashamed.  I had already shown them my bare breasts and hard nipples so many times, what was one time more?  And I knew there would be countless times more I would go topless for the whole class.

Same with the boys who felt me up.  I had let them feel me up so many times, what difference if it went on and on?  As long as they didn't hurt me was all I cared now.  And once I showed them I was submissive, they never hurt me anymore.

Go along to get along.  I suspected there were girls who could relate to that approach, but I never talked about it with anyone.  Feels cathartic to share

Offline Busty

Sideset, if it is cathartic for you to share, I’ve for one, I’m glad to listen.

From what you have shared, it sounds like relatively quickly you clearly went from shame and embarrassment to toleration and acceptance.  Do you think at that point maybe a little appreciation, already?

You seem to have gotten an appreciation for how others were seeing and reacting to your breasts when you were wearing and doing different things.  Also seems that you had learned the lesson, maybe more quickly than the other girls in your class  that, while your breasts got you some unwanted attention, you also could use them to manipulate males to make your life easier for you. 

And 42CSurpise,  i think this is a great topic, thank you for starting it.

aboywithgirls

I was what I consider to be lucky compared to others here.

I started wearing a bra full time when I was 16 years old. I was in high school. Surgery wasn't an option for me and going braless wasn't going to harm more than help. So, my mother and I  went to the school and explained my situation ( very uncomfortable for me at the time). But, it went well. I was excused from the mandatory PE requirement due to my situation.

I also did the zipper hoodie thing in high school. This helped hide my 34Cs and then even my 36Ds y my senior year. 

I still got the occasional groping . However, I was comfortable and I didn't get the constant jiggle and nipple chaffing, and my high beams were subdued with my bra.

🤗🥰

your sister,
Sophie

Offline 42CSurprise!

I was what I consider to be lucky compared to others here...

🤗🥰

your sister,
Sophie
Actually, you are inspiring Sophie.  You certainly are not alone in having had considerable breast growth during adolescence but you had an advocate in your mother that allowed you to find a healthy alternative to simply being shamed.  Going to school administrators would be mortifying I'm sure, but again, your mother was there making her case.  Who knows whether your decision eventually to transition became possible simply because you didn't lose yourself in shame over your breasts because your mother was accepting and supportive.  I'm certainly not suggesting that more of us would have chosen to transition, but as we know on this side of the website, acceptance is key and for most of us it took a great many years to find that.  I've no doubt there have been challenges on your journey, but it became clear at some point that the estrogen that had been feminizing your body your whole like warranted transitioning.  You're not alone in having a feminized body.  We witness over and over again on this board how significant those changes can be.  I'm glad you participate in these conversations.

Offline Busty

The teenage years are challenging no matter what, but to be a boy growing breasts when all the other girls your age are developing breasts adds a whole new dimension.

I was teased mercilessly and felt up pretty routinely.  It never occurred to me to object or fight back and I never would have considered telling adults.  Although no adult ever copped a feel, several made comments.  You know, the you need to wear a bra comment that was so popular.  I never thought for a second an adult would look out, and more likely deride, me.

I just tried to avoid.  And when I could not avoid, I just cooperated.  

Offline SideSet

Busty, what you describe sounds like getting past shame and embarrassment and reaching toleration and acceptance. Ever any appreciation? 

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
My simple answer is “yes” I’ve always been teased about my chest and constant comments especially from women that I needed a bra. Years later, they was right and it’s now it’s hard being braless. 

Offline SideSet

It is a strange feeling to know all those people teasing you were right that you do need to wear a bra and now you like wearing a bra.

Offline 42CSurprise!

It is a strange feeling to know all those people teasing you were right that you do need to wear a bra and now you like wearing a bra.
Such is the minefield that is adolescence.  Every kid is trying to fit in, to be accepted by his peers.  Every difference is an opportunity for teasing and for generating shame.  It could be the color of your skin, the fact you have red hair and freckles, the fact you're overweight.  Cruelty abides on the playground and those chosen last when teams are being picked feel it.  Having fleshy chests is one such thing.  Telling a boy he needs to wear a brassiere is a cruel put down.

I'm very aware that while we can find retailers offering bras for men and articles about men with boobs, having them is not a cause for celebration.  You probably wouldn't consider it for your obituary... he had a great rack.  The best you can do is make peace with this reality.  That is what we're doing here, of course... finding acceptance and maybe a bit of fun with the topic even as we recall the painful moments of the past.  We still are an outlier group.  I doubt any of us is sitting at the bar chatting with all our guy friends about our latest bra purchase.  We reserve those discussions for the men hanging out here.  Its great we have one another.  But the jerks of the world are still prepared to rip us a new one... because we have breasts and like to wear brassieres.

Online Johndoe1

I'm very aware that while we can find retailers offering bras for men and articles about men with boobs, having them is not a cause for celebration.  You probably wouldn't consider it for your obituary... he had a great rack.  The best you can do is make peace with this reality.  That is what we're doing here, of course... finding acceptance and maybe a bit of fun with the topic even as we recall the painful moments of the past.  We still are an outlier group.  I doubt any of us is sitting at the bar chatting with all our guy friends about our latest bra purchase.  We reserve those discussions for the men hanging out here.  Its great we have one another.  But the jerks of the world are still prepared to rip us a new one... because we have breasts and like to wear brassieres.
I have never discussed my breasts with any male friends. But I have discussed bra shopping with a wife or two in private. :D

Women get it. They are sympathetic to our plight because they have faced it too. They are constantly graded on their appearance and breasts figure large in that scrutiny. Women are very well aware of their breasts pros and cons. Many obsess over them. Whole outfits and looks are created and centered around the breasts. Breasts are the most defining feature of a woman. Many are experts in how to use them to secure what they want. They know the power of the breast. They aren't called boobs for nothing.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

Amen! I've lived on both sides. I may be alone here but I will lay this out anyway. When I first started wearing a bra as a teen, I was always so jealous that girls my age didn't try to hide the breasts that they were gifted. I didn't have to hide mine, I chose to in order to prevent un wanted attention and embarrassment. 

It was only about 10 years ago, I was able to start embracing having them instead of being embarrassed by them. I first gave up wearing my fleece vest every where, everyday. I started wearing clothing that fit. I started wearing ladies slacks and blouses over my bras and panties that I was already wearing . I did get some stares, glares and even a few comments mostly compliments with a rare rude comment. And.... of course a couple years ago I realized that I was actually a woman all along.

One thing that has stayed consistent and to my point. I've always judged my figure and compared it to women around me. Maybe it's something that exists in my subconscious that told me back then and to this day that I can't physically compare myself to men. 

When I transitioned at work, it was 100% positive. What it amounted to was " it's about time, girl". The girls I work with seem to have known all along what my destiny was. Women really do have most of the same conversations, questions and comments about their boobs and bras.

I was so fortunate to have found this forum as a man with gynecomastia and the fact that you have all been so understanding and accepting of me as a woman.

Online Evolver

• Gold Member
Amen! I've lived on both sides. I may be alone here but I will lay this out anyway. When I first started wearing a bra as a teen, I was always so jealous that girls my age didn't try to hide the breasts that they were gifted. I didn't have to hide mine, I chose to in order to prevent un wanted attention and embarrassment.

It was only about 10 years ago, I was able to start embracing having them instead of being embarrassed by them. I first gave up wearing my fleece vest every where, everyday. I started wearing clothing that fit. I started wearing ladies slacks and blouses over my bras and panties that I was already wearing . I did get some stares, glares and even a few comments mostly compliments with a rare rude comment. And.... of course a couple years ago I realized that I was actually a woman all along.

One thing that has stayed consistent and to my point. I've always judged my figure and compared it to women around me. Maybe it's something that exists in my subconscious that told me back then and to this day that I can't physically compare myself to men.

When I transitioned at work, it was 100% positive. What it amounted to was " it's about time, girl". The girls I work with seem to have known all along what my destiny was. Women really do have most of the same conversations, questions and comments about their boobs and bras.

I was so fortunate to have found this forum as a man with gynecomastia and the fact that you have all been so understanding and accepting of me as a woman.
This is why we love you.

You are bringing us along for the ride, you keep reminding us to accept ourselves whatever our individual circumstances are, you demonstrate that others in day-to-day life are capable of acceptance too, and you understand that even if your journey is unique amongst us, we all have something in common. 

Deep respect. :-*

aboywithgirls

This is why we love you.

You are bringing us along for the ride, you keep reminding us to accept ourselves whatever our individual circumstances are, you demonstrate that others in day-to-day life are capable of acceptance too, and you understand that even if your journey is unique amongst us, we all have something in common.

Deep respect. :-*
That means so much to me. I am proud to be the first girl who used to be a boy with girls on the boys team. 

💋😍🥰❤
Sophie

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024