Author Topic: I am glad  (Read 2668 times)

Busted (and happy)

I really am glad that this site is moving on from arguments about whether  bras should only be promoted  as a last resort especially for the younger afflicted (?) .
We now seem to have accepted that a bra is an eminently sensible no risk option that should  be offered upfront to any individual at the start of their journey with gyno.
Not to do so is in my view negligence.
At the age of 69 I finally was honest about creeping chest growth  and consulted my GP who said first off to try a bra and also to be aware of more general  body changes that might mean that  in time womens clothing might be a more comfortable - He was right.

Now aged 76 95% of my wardrobe now consists of items liberated from the ladies aisles.
It is perfectly possible without presenting as "in your face feminine" .
I managed to deflect questions  regarding sexuality by growing a full beard! It was kept until I was happy that transition (wardrobe only) was over.

Do I have regrets? Yes, a couple.

1. I wish I had started wearing a bra about 5 yrs earlier and  
2. missing out on the comfort of women's clothing for  decades before the onset of Gyno!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 01:07:25 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline blad

A bra is an effective solution that should be tried before any other radical irreversible option. 

A common theme seems to be that once a bra is tried it is largely accepted with no turning back.

Wearing a bra has brought closure for many here.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline SideSet

It is understandably hard for us to accept we have breasts like women, but the first time in a bra, and we see how completely we fill the cups, how good it feels having everything nicely held in place and supported, and how good a bra looks on us, and    we see our breasts in a whole different light. For many of us the first positive feelings about our breasts 

Orb

It's true.  For many of us the comfort, and being held secure, is a welcome relief.  There is yet still, for me, the surprise and amazement that I do fill it out that nicely feeling.  I'm glad I have accepted the wearing in many respects.

Offline blad

I appreciate every day I put on my bra in the morning that my boobs are held nicely in place. It just feels like the natural thing to do.

For much of the day I completely forget I am even wearing a bra, as it does it's job well.

I would be very aware of my boobs swaying to and fro if I was braless.

Online Johndoe1

That was the biggest surprise for me was when I started wearing a bra, I forgot about my chest. Before, my chest was all I thought about. The confidence that I gained after I started was unexpected but very welcomed.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Dudewithboobs

Agreed. As much as I at time enjoy being braless, the pains and aches in the side tissue of my breasts is quite noticable sometimes and I find immediate relief if I bring my hand under or to the side to lift a bit. Whereas when I wear a bra I feel the band for a few minutes but almost immediately I feel relief security and comfort. I need to be cautious in clothing but most of mine I find don’t show much and if I’m walking and moving it’s even more so less noticable. It took months to wear a bra when the pains and aches got to be continuous I put one on and it’s just amazing the difference it makes. 

Offline SideSet

I believe over time we come to think of our breasts and bras the way women do. 

Confused old man

I’m very glad!..I found this site because I was considering surgery. I read a lot of threads for a couple of months before joining. Me and my wife decided that after reading the acceptance threads that I should try a bra first. I got a sports bra, and then another. They were ok but wearing them a lot just was uncomfortable smashing my boobs. Still wear them just to work out in. I now have several bras, sports bras, bralettes, padded bras with molded cups and underwire bras. All work well for their certain purpose. I went to soma for a fitting and to get a understanding in what I needed and wanted in a bra. I very rarely go braless now because the comfort level wearing a bra is wonderful. I don’t even notice I have one on anymore. I do not wear them to bed. I am keeping my boobs and have learned to embrace them and the fact I have them now. I don’t even care if people notice I have them, notice my bra and so on. I have boobs and I accept that. So others around me will have to accept it also. I love my boobs and are keeping them....and sooo glad I went the bras instead of surgery. Thank you for all your contribution and stories to this site. 😃

Busted (and happy)

Keep spreading the good news. You seem to have come to clear mindedness. Your Forum ID no longer seems to fit but that doesn't matter as long as the bra does! 

Offline 42CSurprise!

Since breast development is the result of elevated estrogen and diminished testosterone, it comes with other changes as well.  We're being feminized in the process, which would be terrifying for some men.  Doubtless this is one of the reasons there is so much resistance to the softening of our bodies and a willingness to cut of "offending" parts. 

Men here speak about women's clothing fitting better.  Women have curves... men not so much.  Estrogen has its way with us.  It affects our emotions as well.  It is tough being a manly man when testosterone is diminished.  It is easier to talk about wearing brassieres because our breasts are growing than to gauge the changes in how we see the world and how we interact with others we encounter.  But all of these things are happening for the men who find themselves spending time here.  Self-acceptance covers all these changes if we're to find peace in our lives.  It is a wonderful thing and it is happening on this forum.

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
I know a few women that likes wearing bras for it’s attended purpose. they like being supported. When I explain why I wear a bra, they often Agree why they like wearing it too. 

I’ve mentioned this before, I see a bra as a tool and I’m getting comfortable with that idea. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Since breast development is the result of elevated estrogen and diminished testosterone, it comes with other changes as well.  We're being feminized in the process, which would be terrifying for some men.  Doubtless this is one of the reasons there is so much resistance to the softening of our bodies and a willingness to cut of "offending" parts. 

Men here speak about women's clothing fitting better.  Women have curves... men not so much.  Estrogen has its way with us.  It affects our emotions as well.  It is tough being a manly man when testosterone is diminished.  It is easier to talk about wearing brassieres because our breasts are growing than to gauge the changes in how we see the world and how we interact with others we encounter.  But all of these things are happening for the men who find themselves spending time here.  Self-acceptance covers all these changes if we're to find peace in our lives.  It is a wonderful thing and it is happening on this forum.
Yep, self acceptance is paramount. Although I'm not in the same league physically as most people here, for me, it was more the mental aspect of accepting myself for the feelings I have about my body and what drives those thoughts, rather than my body itself. I hope that makes sense.

I originally joined this forum in a state of anxiety, loving my moobs and looking forward to further growth, but panicking about the reason for the expected growth and sage advice about being careful what you wish for. Since then, with recent help from unexpected quarters I've been able to identify the source of my anxiety and deal with it. I am far more self-accepting and relaxed as a result. It's all blue sky from here. :)

Online Johndoe1

Just the other day a friend who knows asked me why I didn't do testosterone HRT. I told her that I had looked at that, but the doctor was afraid with my gynecomastia, the increased testosterone would aromatase into more estrogen, defeating the purpose. Even with an estrogen block, she was afraid there would still be some increase in breast size, maybe up to a cup size so she didn't recommend that course of action. I had asked did she think there was irreversible feminization that had occurred due to the elevated estrogen level since puberty. She responded that just the evidence of breasts meant yes, but the amount depended on the level of estrogen. Obviously, not to the level of transgender, but fat had/was being deposited in the same areas as women. Again, not to the point of transgender, but undeniable. I also asked about a "pink brain" and she said, only I could answer that but it was possible, again, depending on how much estrogen had been in the mix when a teen.

Offline taxmapper

The "pink brain" thing is something I have long wondered about myself. 

having had images in the past and questions as to why I don't have hips or why I cant wear certain clothing, etc. 

Obviously the hormones have an effect. 

but it also makes me wonder if the changes being perfectly natural overall, is something we should fight. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024