Author Topic: Insurance info  (Read 1507 times)

Offline doug1030

• Posting Member
I would like to know if anybody has any information on insurance coverage for surgery. I have contacted my insurance carrier and it is a covered procedure but my Dr. is now awaiting word  from my carrier that it will be paid. Its considered cosmetic so they will have to decide if they will pay for it, this is confusing and unfair because  I am now 46 years old and have not lived a normal life since i was probably11-12 years old. I have not had my shirt off in public for 36 years and can't understand why my carrier wouldn't cover this. This has greatly limited my life and have numerous emotional scars stemming from this condition dating back to when my Dad would call me hemorphidite as a young teen. Any feedback on whether anybody has dealt with the insurance issue will be appreciated!

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I have got to tell you man most insurance comapanies are ruthless when it comes to gyne. Most of them don't consider gyne unless there is some medical reason. I have a medical case and am even still having problems getting their coverage for my case. What you can do if they denie you which is usually what happens. You can tell them on the appeal how this has emotionally devistated you and you have mental issues with this. Then depending on the insurance they may then approve it. Hopefully you are approved and understand what you are going through. Gyne is one crappy condition. If it is a covered procedure then you should be most likely covered but, if they denie you I would push the emotional and mental issue and you may have to appeal once or twice to get approval but, sooner or later you will win. But, as I said before there are very few insurance companies who cover this procedure unless there is some medical reason. I wish you the best of luck on getting your procedure covered and hopefully you get your surgery soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024