Author Topic: severe gynocomastia  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Floyd

• Posting Member
yo what's up I just stumbled on this site when i was browsing on google, i have SEVERE gynocomastia, and I'm not one of those self-consious guys that THINK they have it, but really don't. I'm talkin SEVER gyno, the big nipples, huge, bulky, perky, boobs, I have it all. I was really skinny when i was a kid but became very over weight as i was getting older. I then developed severe man boobs to the point were i started wearing a man bra which was just a ripped up tank top or knee bandage wrapped around my chest, i was mortifyied when my child hood freinds found out that i was wearing a man bra when i was in the 7th grade. I dropped out of highschool and everything because of this crap, I just wat to know if there are any other soultions oter than suurgery to get rid of these severe man boobs. I just want to get rid of this once and for all and stop living in fear and emmbarrasment, I guess i just signed up because I'm really despreate and really want help. what can I do? surgery is out of the question because my parents wouldnt pay for it and it would be emmbarrassing just discussing it with them, but my mom did take me to the doctor one time when i was mabey 15 and she said she dosn't know what to do so we went to some other doctor and they just told me that it was probably because i was too fat (yeah they really used those exact words) I'm 17 now and just looking for solutions and some help

Offline Floyd

• Posting Member
also I'm looking for some succesful diet plans that some of you guys on here followed, please help me out?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sometimes facing reality is very difficult.  If you are very overweight, you will undoubtedly have gynecomastia.  Surgery at this point is inappropriate.

It will be better to take stock of your life and decide to increase your exercise and decrease your caloric intake -- it's just that simple.  But it takes an incredible amount of will power over a long period of time to accomplish this.  There are no easy, quick answers -- that is what you want but it is impossible.

Once you have come down to a normal and stable weight, you will probably still have gyne, albeit somewhat smaller.  It is at that time that you might consider consultation with a gyne surgeon to assess what needs to be done.

Best of luck in your lifestyle change.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Very to the point advice, Dr. Jacobs.
That's exactly what I did, lost 48 lbs in 8 months and am considering surgery to get rid of the g-gland in a few months.

Floyd,
I read the book "burn the fat, feed the muscle" and followed Tom's diet. This book has everything you need to know on how to lose weight (essentially fat) and increase your lean body mass by changing your life style. Most importantly, he is not trying to sell you any pills, gimmicks or something. He gives you all the knowledge and you will be on your own.

Best,

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024