Author Topic: Tissue vs gland  (Read 2469 times)

Offline nop

• Posting Member
Are these two synonymous?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes and No.

The breast usually consists of both fatty tissue and glandular tissue.

Some people make a distinction between What they call True Gynecomastia which would be almost all Glandular tissue and Pseudo Gynecomastia which is almost all fatty tissue. I do not like those distinctions because of two reasons. First, rarely would there be one type of tissue and the exclusion of the other. Second, The effects of Gynecomastia are almost entirely in the area of self image and psychological issues and the effect is the same either way.
Grandpa Dan

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe

Some people make a distinction between What they call True Gynecomastia which would be almost all Glandular tissue and Pseudo Gynecomastia which is almost all fatty tissue. .

hey Paa_Paw,
would exercising make a difference to the so called "Pseudo Gynecomastia " more than it would to the "True Gynecomastia "...? And if they are the same how would you tell which is which..?
thanks for the info…

Offline nop

• Posting Member
So when people say gland its the hard part under the areola, and tissue is fat?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
GynecoMan,

Possibly, But not much. It is not possible to selectively lose fat in one area and not another. For some of us the breast area seems to be the first place that our bodies store fat and the last place where it diminishes when we lose weight.

Your family history may contain a clue here. Your father, uncles, grandfathers share your genetics and it may be possible to get an idea of what is in store for you by looking at them.

In some cases, even a highly skilled surgeon cannot distinguish between fatty and glandular tissue in a pre-operative examination. This means that when a person contemplates surgery they should leave the surgeons options open to deal with whatever is found as the surgery progresses.

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
Thanks a lot for the info Paa_Paw.
As far as my family my brother and i had it during puberty ; however, i still have it untill now (26yr) and he does not -28 yr-. He has a normal chest (he was the skinny one though  ;D)
i'll try to keep up exercising and see how it goes...
cheers   :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:22:22 AM by GynecoMan »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024