Author Topic: whats the deal with me (pics included)  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Chestdisgrace

• Posting Member
I am 22 yo, 5'4 140 pounds. Had gynocamastia since I was about 10. A decade of no swimming, a sport which I loved. No beach, No Pool... My life really is going no where as I feel i can not be a part of society like this. I think surgery is my only option.  I used to be a fat child 210 pounds @ 5 feet lol. But I have lost the weight but still noticed the breasts even when I ran a half marathon when i was 130 pounds. I started lifting weights and gained a bit of weight and I THINK that the problem is worse. I really want to be athletic and muscular on my arms, back so I don't want to give that up. All my fat is in my chest, stomach, inner thighs, and upper arms. But the chest is without a doubt the worst. What should my approach be? Is it mostly fat?

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Can you feel any hard tissue or masses within the breasts, or do they just feel soft and flabby throughout?

No question you have at least moderate gynecomastia.  At your age, I think you are desperately in need of surgery.  There are just too many situations in your years ahead where you will need to be able to take off your shirt.  No 22 year old guy should have to go through life feeling embarrassed and unable to live life to the fullest. 

I think you should consult 2 or 3 board certified plastic surgeons in your area who have a lengthy history of performing gyne surgery. Meet with them, find out what they advise, look at as many before/after pics as possible of their former patients, and then make your decision. 

I think this should be a priority for you.

Offline maybeachance

• Posting Member
I am 32 and understand you very well cause I had the same situation and still have  ....This sentence is the main point ; "My life really is going no where as I feel i can not be a part of society like this" .....You have not too many options like making more sports and every single morning when you wake up  hoping to make them smaller or better shape even if they are mostly fat ......You are not obese or something like that ....... I just want to tell you something with my experiences .... Please don't waste  any of your day to think about if  it is mostly fat so you may make them to look better ....Just go for a consultation and then you will have a lot more info about your situation..... This is the important point ;  don't waste your time until 30's .......

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member

I think this should be a priority for you.

I agree, make this your number one financial priority to get the issue resolved. What is the point of having money  if you are not happy with yourself. When considering spending all my savings for my education on surgery i thought to myself-- I'd rather be poor and at least love who I am, then to be rich and spend my youth being miserable.

good luck bro.
f*ck gyne

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
I am 32 and understand you very well cause I had the same situation and still have  ....This sentence is the main point ; "My life really is going no where as I feel i can not be a part of society like this" .....You have not too many options like making more sports and every single morning when you wake up  hoping to make them smaller or better shape even if they are mostly fat ......You are not obese or something like that ....... I just want to tell you something with my experiences .... Please don't waste  any of your day to think about if  it is mostly fat so you may make them to look better ....Just go for a consultation and then you will have a lot more info about your situation..... This is the important point ;  don't waste your time until 30's .......

You do know how hard it is "to not think about it".

I would think someone like you who has gone through it would know how hard it is to not think about, totally disagree with your entire post man, If I still have gyno at 32, I'll be slapping myself everyday.

As for the OP, look into surgery ASAP, I have gyno, I'm 19 and just last week I woke up and decided this is over, I've gotten my tests done, just waiting for the doctor's recommendation next week.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
Your body type is very similar to mines, and like you, was heavy when younger and lost a tonne of it weight but still had moobs. It really got worse recently when I was lifting weights and gaining weight. However, on trying to cut fat, it did not look much better. I have now had the surgery done, and it is on of the best decisions I have made in my life so far.  I still have this kind of skinny-fat physique though, mainly a flabby stomach, which is equally as demoralising, but once I can start lifting weights again, I think it will sort it, as I will definitely have more motivation and can stick to a routine. As for the fat proportion, that would really be for a doctor to assess, but from my own perception, the side view makes your chest almost look like very oversized pecs, so I reckon there is a fair amount of muscle there, but there is likely to be some gland/fat mixture on top of it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024