Author Topic: A mom's view  (Read 12636 times)

Offline Kyles_mom

Hi All,

I just wanted to share our story with gynecomastia. A little background, Kyle has always been the smallest kid in his grade and has been bullied his whole life. He was a very easy target because he was to small to fight back. He was teased, poked, pushed and stabbed with pencils. They've stolen his lunch (many times), his coat and his shoes. This went on through grade 8. Then he went to high school and was ignored for the most part which is what he preferred.

Now to the gynecomastia. When he was 12, I took him to the doctor because he was complaining that his nipples were swollen and they hurt really bad. I figured it was puberty but took him anyway because you never know. The Dr, said that yes, it was in fact puberty and it would go away within a couple years. Well it wasn't getting any better in fact, the size was increasing but the pain and tenderness was the same. Every time I took him to the doctor it was the same thing.

Fast forward to present. He is now 16 and has grown to be 6'1". Though he is only 136 pounds, he towers over the kids that picked on him, which he LOVES. But every couple of months he would say "mom, look at this" at lift his shirt. I felt terrible for him finally called my doctor and said he has had enough. We had a CT scan and sure enough, it was breast tissue, not puberty! It was continuing to grow and he was at a "B" cup size at 136 pounds! She referred us to a general surgeon who could do it, but when we saw how he would be cut, the scars would be horrible. He referred us to a Plastic surgeon and we went for a consultation a week later. He explained how he would do it and what to expect. The cost paid up front was going to be $5,700 and of course, the insurance would not pay. We scheduled the appt. anyway. Not that we have extra money laying around because we dont. But we knew we had to do this for him even if we had to refinance the house. There just isnt a choice. So we are selling some toys. Anyone want to buy a couple of 4 wheelers? LOL.

Kyle had the surgery yesterday. He was not a bit nervous (Although I was!) he was thrilled and kept saying "thank you so much mom"
Surgery was at 8 am and over by 11. The PS said that it took longer because there was just no fat. He had to be very careful because there was nothing between the skin and muscle but breast tissue. We were home around 1:30 and he was playing X Box by 4 pm. (Ugh!)

Today he is briused and swollen. I was concerned about the swelling on his left side so I called and they told me to bring him in. I did and long story short it is ok. So now he is laying in bed.... playing X BOX! LOL, I am just so happy for him and I hope that when he heals, that he doesnt have to worry about this again. I want to have a confident, happy, successful young man and I really think this was a wise choice for us and worth every penny.

Thanks to all of you guys that have shared your stories, it is amazing how many are dealing with this alone. Please dont be afraid to talk to your parents. If they cant help you, start saving every penny you can if this is what you want. Life is about choices, make the choice to do whatever is best for you.

Good Luck and best wishes to you all.
Kyle's mom.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Your son is very lucky to have a parent like you.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
^ Agreed.

Unfortunately not all parents are alike. Mine would never go to such lengths, heck they'd probably do everything to keep me from getting the surgery (I'd imagine mentioning the word 'surgery' itself would shake them up).

Anyway, hope your sons results turned out well.

manbreasts1

Hi Kyles Mom

What a lucky young man he is to have a mom like you . I wish my parents would have been as supportive in my teens

I am 42 and have now come to accept the situation , allthough not without some '' issues '', and I sincerely hope my son does not inherite it....

Luckily your son won't have to deal with any issues  but can go along and just be himself !

Well done !

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!
I wish you were my mom.

Your son is lucky to have a mother like you, I wish him best of luck, you made a great decision, making him have the operation at 16, now he is surely on his way, and he won't have to deal with BS that comes later on in life.

Best regards.

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
awesome! I went through everything w/o telling my parents/friends, but it would have been great to tell someone and have them fully support the decision!

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
this is a great motivation for me to tell my mom about my problem.
Wish I have the same courage as Kyle told his problem to his Mom.

lucky to have read this thread.
thanks a lot.
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
i just wanna share my experience.. i told my parents already about my condition. I told them that i hate the way i look and i've been suffering this for years and didn't even enjoyed my whole life including outdoor activites such as swimming or anything that will make my gyne noticeable.. i cried telling them this situation and it takes alot of courage.. at 1st i thought they're willing to pay for my surgery but  they told me earlier surprisingly that this is not a disease that needs surgery asap. There's more important things than this.. they even told me that i'm just being perfectionist that only wants to look good.. what kind of parents are they??? they kept on telling me that they understand my condition but they didn't.. they're nothing!

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
i just wanna share my experience.. i told my parents already about my condition. I told them that i hate the way i look and i've been suffering this for years and didn't even enjoyed my whole life including outdoor activites such as swimming or anything that will make my gyne noticeable.. i cried telling them this situation and it takes alot of courage.. at 1st i thought they're willing to pay for my surgery but  they told me earlier surprisingly that this is not a disease that needs surgery asap. There's more important things than this.. they even told me that i'm just being perfectionist that only wants to look good.. what kind of parents are they??? they kept on telling me that they understand my condition but they didn't.. they're nothing!

I'd be piss to.  It takes alot of courage to do that shit and I know how you feel cause I did that to...i even asked could it be a christmas present (back when i was like a freshman in college) and she like well it's too late now!!!  I saved up my shit and got surgery on my own and didn't even tell her!!  I WIN!!!

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I saved up my shit and got surgery on my own and didn't even tell her!!  I WIN!!!

Right on dude...  Congrats!!!

GB...

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024