Author Topic: I been smoking weed before surgery!!  (Read 30922 times)

Offline biggieboobs

• Posting Member
I am worried cause my surgery is on tuesday jan.27 and i have been getting high as usual. i quit cigarettes the past 3 weeks. but i love smoking weed and i am very much addictied to it. well i dident smoke all day today and i am not at all till my surgury is over. not till atleast 2-3 weeks post op. should i cancel my surgury since i dident follow the docs advise?? so basically i will not be smoking for only 3 days before my surgury.. is this really bad?? what will happen??    ???

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
To be honest, i doubt much will happen but im sure there are reasons why you probably shouldn't smoke weed before surgery.  Hopefully one of the docs can clarify this but you should really tell your surgeon about it, since he's the one that needs to know.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
i doubt it'll have any significant impact, but i'd talk to the doc...

stopping the cigs is important for recovery reasons: nicotine is a vasoconstrictor which will reduce bloodflow to the area as it heals. less blood means less oxygen and slower healing times. the other stuff they recommend stopping is to prevent clotting issues during the surgical procedure.

as MJ doesn't have significant impact on clotting and is a vasodiolator it doesn't seem it poses much direct harm. still get a docs opinion

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
I am also curious to see a Doc answer this question...Im done smoking for a while, but my surgery is scheduled April 23rd...if ya catch my drift hahah

GynO_DuDe

I swear long useage of marijuana is one of the causes of gyne ... come on man? leave it to one session a week, cutting it down to once a month and then quitting altogether. Its not good for you ... weve all been their & done that, why get addicted to it?

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I swear long useage of marijuana is one of the causes of gyne ... come on man? leave it to one session a week, cutting it down to once a month and then quitting altogether. Its not good for you ... weve all been their & done that, why get addicted to it?
Actually, studies contradict themselves as to Marihuana causing gynecomastia. I smoked weed untill 2 days before surgery but I mentioned it to nobody. I am 2 days post-op and I not smoke until I'm back home, 7 days post-op.

The next hit will be interesting ;).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:20:13 PM by don_joe »

Offline mojov3

• Posting Member
I smoked weed the day before surgery....no problems....I smoked weed 3 days post op and im at day 8....still no problems...I'm looking great...feeling great...and higher than ever.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Nice !

Almost 6 week post-op. I smoke about 3.5g/week using a bong.. I can't help but worry a little bit about weed causing gyne, although I know it is a myth. But no sign of recurrence on so far...

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
OMG, everything that I've read over the years, and listening to Doctors, all point to weed is one of the contributing factors to Gyne.  I hope you guys didn't waste your money by having this surgery and continuing to smoke up...you don't want them to come back.  I don't mean to be nasty but I will do what ever it takes to ensure they don't come back.

Offline mojov3

• Posting Member
I feel you...I don't want them to come back either....I was told by 3 surgeons that once gyno can't come back...I guess everybody is different, but my gyno formed at 13 when I didn't know what weed was.....do u know how many people smoke weed?  If that was the case a whole lot more men would be walking around with breasts...including bill clinton and barrack obama lol...you can't tell me he doesn't smoke weed or hasn't done it for a long time as black as his lips are....anyway, y'all get my point...
Even om this website it says that marijuana as one of the causes is still in question.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
I feel you...I don't want them to come back either....I was told by 3 surgeons that once gyno can't come back...I guess everybody is different, but my gyno formed at 13 when I didn't know what weed was.....do u know how many people smoke weed?  If that was the case a whole lot more men would be walking around with breasts...including bill clinton and barrack obama lol...you can't tell me he doesn't smoke weed or hasn't done it for a long time as black as his lips are....anyway, y'all get my point...
Even om this website it says that marijuana as one of the causes is still in question.

WTF?

whyme243

you're a genius! paying thousands to get rid of this horrid condition and right after, you're going to practice what is a known factor to causing gyne, smoking weed! yay for smart people!!!!!!

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
what is a known factor to causing gyne, smoking weed
Sir, your statement is not supported by science.

Offline knicho94

• Posting Member
The way I look at it is, I had gyno years before I started smoking pot. I have seen no scientific proof that points to weed causing it, so I wont stop. I used to smoke everyday, but I cut down for other reasons. But if you ask me go ahead and toke up!! :o

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I'm 1.5 years post-op and I've never stopped smoking the reefer, except the first few days. Actually, I've been using a Volcano Vaporizer. Either way, my gyne shows absolutely no sign of reoccurring.

Marihuana causing breast size increase is total BS. Wouldn't all girls do it then ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024