Author Topic: Puffy nipples on a lean muscular body  (Read 9276 times)

Offline conspiracyofone

• Posting Member
I am fit and active. Exercise daily. However, I think have small amounts of breast tissue right under my nipples which cause they to be puffy. I work out my chest with push ups and bench. I have visible pecs. Eating healthy, exercising, and working out cannot shrink and make them go away.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If indeed you have breast tissue making your areolas protrude (ie puffy nipples), then you are correct:  no amount of diet and exercise will get rid of it -- only surgery will help.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I am fit and active. Exercise daily. However, I think have small amounts of breast tissue right under my nipples which cause they to be puffy. I work out my chest with push ups and bench. I have visible pecs. Eating healthy, exercising, and working out cannot shrink and make them go away.

The Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia consists of gland, fat, and skin. Dieting can reduce global body fat, but you cannot target where the fat comes from. As the body fat goes down, remaining gland can stick out even more. I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia and a common complaint is that as they build muscle, what sits on top of the muscle gets pushed further out.

On someone with extremely low body fat, it does not take much gland to really ruin a cut look such as this Competition Bodybuilder with Puffy Nipples..

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024