Author Topic: Waiting time for call from surgeon  (Read 1620 times)

Offline blacknwhite

Hello, my DR. recently recommended me to a surgeon, and now I'm waiting for a call from the surgeon.

Does anybody know how long it will take? I know consultation will take a few weeks but I haven't heard of anyone waiting for a call from the surgeon.. I know I have to be patient but im eager, especially because I don't know how long the call could take.

from canada btw

thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Why not take the initiative and place a call to the surgeon to book the consultation?

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline blacknwhite

I was thinking of that, But I heard you need a recommendation from your doctor.. Also the procedure doesn't include lipo btw , since the surgeries covered under health insurance but lipo isn't..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Hate to be a curmudgeon but consider this:  your surgery (presumably excision only) will be performed for free by the NHS.

Virtually all gyne surgeons use lipo as well -- to help re-distribute the skin and feather (or taper) the edges between the area of excision and the remainder of the chest.  This IS NOT cosmetic surgery -- but unfortunately once the word liposuction is mentioned it denotes cosmetic surgery.  A liposuction cannula is considered a surgical tool or instrument, much as a scissor or a scalpel. Merely by using it does not mean a procedure is cosmetic. It is used in many reconstructive operations as well.

If your surgeon does not incorporate liposuction in your operation, it may well doom you to an inadequate result and you will face the need for additional surgery to improve the final result.  This latter surgery would probably have to be paid by you.

So instead of facing possibly two operations, one of which you would probably have to pay for anyhow, why not go to a surgeon in Canada who knows his stuff and will use all available techniques (ie excision and lipo) to get the best result for you in just one operation?

HUH?  Just my humble opinion.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024