Author Topic: My gyno turning into a real ordeal!!  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
My gyno first appeared about 2 months ago and just on the left side. I was taking medication at the time called Advicor. It is listed as a side effect so I called them.

They said yes it is a side effect but they could not suggest anything and to see my doctor.

I see my doctor an internist a week ago and he is not aware of Advicor having this side effect so he calls them for an update. It has now been a week and it still being processed. I wonder what the delay is?

In the meantime I go to an Endocrinologist. She is doing a lot of bloodwork checking for tumors. I know she will need to check hormone and estrogen levels.

My internist wanted me to have a biopsy before receiving the report from Advicor or before I had blood work but I'm putting it on hold.

I guess I'm venting because it's taking so long to get a report from Advicor. I'm going to be spending a fortune on doctor bills not to mention the anxiety I'm being put through.

I becoming very suspicious of this drug company for withholding information on this product.

Im going to file a report with the FDA soon.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
might be a fight, but tell us what they tell you.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I have to say my experience with drugs companies isn't so good either. My gyne was caused by Quetiapine  and when my gyne  occured My GP wanted to speak to Astrazeneca about  treatment if it resolves on ceasing the drug  how often it occurs etc

They never got back to him .In the end my Psychiatrist had to get involved and they didn't give him the info either.Because of that he toldme he threatened them that if they did not respond to his concerns over his paitient he would be reluctant to further prescibe their drug to others. That was hard for him as he said the drugs reps used to big him up in a posh restaurant. ;D

Strangely enough they responded with the info and said it was 'extremely rare' (I now know it is far from extremely rare....).They said it was more likely a drug I took a year previous .I think I would have noticed if I was growing breasts....I believe my psychiatrist made a complaint .

I've been through the exact same thing m8.It's scary and it doesn't help when they seem to withold info you need. I doubt I can say on this site what I think of Astrazeneca, gyno wasn't even on their side effect leaflet FFS but you probably think the same about Advicor.

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
My doctor has now called the maker of Advicor on several occasions and has not yet received a reply.

As a result he is now in contact with the sale rep and demanding answers. It will be interesting if we will get a response soon. Two days have past and still nothing.

Ive made contact with the FDA and plan to do more than fill a complain if I don't hear something soon.

My Endocrinologist has take several blood test and I haven't received results but she think she can help me if I don't have any tumors or other major problems causing the complication.

I keep you posted as I learn more.

Offline O.B.

• Posting Member

You're doctor can confirm and get updated on all the side-effects to Advicor with a simple print out on the drug via the internet.....why all the fuss?

Tests in this instance seems like a money-makeing strategy. Don't get taken advantage off. You deserve an answer and a  resolute approach to your problem. Demand it and don't settle for mediocrity.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024