Author Topic: Do i have gyno or pseudo?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline crazydiamond4

I understand the tissue should feeel diff if its not pseudo, and i think it does...ot feels like there are little balls like tapioca, am i correct in thinking those are glands?

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
Even the most experienced doctor can't tell you if it is the gland, fat or tissue and be 100% sure.

If you are overweight, it's also hard to tell whether you have gynecomastia unless it is very prevalent in your chests appearance.

If you are lean, and your nipples do not sit flat against your chest, if they look puffy, you most likely do have gynecomastia and I would recommend scheduling a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon that has done a lot of gynecomastia specific surgeries.
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For our purposes, there is no such thing as Pseudo-gynecomastia.

As the word is most commonly used these days, "Gynecomastia" is any surplus of tissue in the breast of a male. It really makes no difference whether the tissue is fat, skin, Gland, Or any combination of them.

Anyone who tells you they can positively tell fat from gland would probably lie about other things too.

The only way to know for certain is if a person has surgery, You look at what the Doctor has removed.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you look under Patient Galleries in this forum, you can read my discussion about pseudogynecomastia, which as Paa_Paw said, really doesn't exist.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024