Author Topic: Surgeon in Milwaukee or Chicago  (Read 8057 times)

Offline quick

Hello,

Can someone recommend a good surgeon in the Milwaukee or Chicago area?

Thank you in advance

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
I'm going to have surgery by Dr. Gregory Ward on June 27th.  He's just outside the Chicago area.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline yaya

My Freind at the gym had surgery by Dr. Pensler in Chicago 6 weeks ago and looks great. I have an appointment with him in two weeks.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I am hopefully going to get my surgery done by a Dr. Lowenstein in a few weeks. Got to go to my appointment first to get insurance coverage for my gyne. He does mostly womens breast reductions but, I have read he is very talented and one of the best PS in Milwaukee. If he is good at breast reduction for women he probably has done gyne ops before and probably is very skilled at these also. Have to check him out first though. Seeing him on the 19th.

Offline allstar

• Posting Member
Dr. Pensler
Chicago
haven.t been to him but have heard good things

Offline djillusive

• Posting Member
Hey, I'm from Chicago as well, were you guys able to cover the procedure with your insurance company?  If so, which insurance company do you guys use?  

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I'm in Chicago as well. I am thinking of going to see Dr. Bermant in Virginia. I already had the surgery once by a local and am disappointed with the results. So I want to find someone else.

Offline CutItOut

Who did you see in Chicago that you were unhappy with?  I live in Chicago and am planning on having the surgery within a few months.  I would like to think there is a top notch guy in Chicago (it is a big city, right) but if I am not 100% sure of that, I will travel to who I think the best is.  So, who in Chicago were you unhappy with and who do you think the best in the country is?  Any advice would help a lot..thanks.

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
I am hopefully going to get my surgery done by a Dr. Lowenstein in a few weeks. Got to go to my appointment first to get insurance coverage for my gyne. He does mostly womens breast reductions but, I have read he is very talented and one of the best PS in Milwaukee. If he is good at breast reduction for women he probably has done gyne ops before and probably is very skilled at these also. Have to check him out first though. Seeing him on the 19th.

I didn't think insurance covered this. I would also be interested in any good surgeons in this area.

Offline jhn

• Posting Member
Any updates here by anyone who has had surgery recently or planning to have surgery in the Chicago area?

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
I'm 3 weeks post op with Dr. Pensler (Chicago) and am very satisfied.

Offline jhn

• Posting Member
I'm going to have surgery by Dr. Gregory Ward on June 27th.  He's just outside the Chicago area.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you.  Please do let me know about your experience.  Dr. Pensler seems to be the most reccomended in the Chicago area.  Obviously you were impressed by your consultation with him.  Did you feel he spent enough time with you during the consultation and answered all your questions?

Offline david_in_chicago

• Posting Member
I'm another person who can personally verify that Dr. Pensler does excellent work.  I'm 16 months post-op and still quite pleased with the results and the whole experience.

Offline jhn

• Posting Member
David or anyone else on here that has used Dr. Pensler, it would be great if we could see before and after pics. 

ichthus70x7

I just met with Pensler.  He was nice, but I felt that he was vague and in a rush.  I did not feel that "bond" that people talk about on here. (One plus is that he did call me back after I left a message with a question I forgot to ask.) However, he seems to have the most experience in the Chicago area and has a good reputation.  I feel conflicted on this.  If there is a guarantee that he will do a great job, I could care less how personable and vague he is.  Is there anyone that is biased one way or the other towards Pensler?  Most of the blogs support him, but I was wondering if there was anyone else out there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024