Author Topic: Why the hell is this so expensive and never free?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline orlando.abascal

• Posting Member
I was watching a show on clept lip in 3rd world countries and they get to have their facial structure fixed for free in an hour surgery. I would rather of had my face destroyed then have this, which is way more psychologically damaging. Atleast people feel bad for these people cause they are born that way. If it was found out that im 150 5'11 with large masses on top of my chest id be a joke. But still we have to pay thousands for a surgery that doesnt even cost anywhere that much to perform

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
cosmetic surgery is a lucrative field. Doctors go to 4 years medical school (200K in debt), then do a residency that is at least 7 years in plastic surgery, being paid barely anything. Therefore, they charge a lot for their services

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The costs and length of time invested in this profession is only part of the picture.

You see the stories on TV because they are rare. The cases are free because of many things, It is not overly dramatic to say that it is probably the only way those people would have a chance at a normal life.

Our situation is totally different. The condition is common instead of rare. Except for embarrassment, It does not have the same degree of impact on our ability to live a normal life. Finally, we do not live in a condition of need to the extent that we would never be able to afford the surgery.

Overall, we have it pretty good. If having surgery is a priority for you, you'll find a way to pay the bill.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024