Author Topic: SURGERY IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!  (Read 7893 times)

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
Well, up until about two hours ago I was pretty excited about the surgery. I wanted to get this done ASAP and finally put it behind me after nearly ten years of hating it. I will include all of the details including pre and post op pictures and the details of my experience. I will be using Dr. Albin in Denver. I really liked him from our consultation and he seemed to have an extremely high level of knowledge and experience with this procedure.

I was feeling absolutely great about getting this done prior to gyno18 putting a little bit of doubt in my mind. I am not going to cancel the surgery and am going to go ahead with it. Wish me luck and I am going to hope for the best.

Cost of the surgery: Total $4600.00

Here are some pics as well.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:59:07 PM by hatemynips »

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
I didn't mean you were putting doubt in my head, it just made me really nervous. I really do appreciate telling me your experience. Let me know if you would like me to ask the doc anything for you if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, I would be happy to do so. 

Offline MSJ108

Well, up until about two hours ago I was pretty excited about the surgery. I wanted to get this done ASAP and finally put it behind me after nearly ten years of hating it. I will include all of the details including pre and post op pictures and the details of my experience. I will be using Dr. Albin in Denver. I really liked him from our consultation and he seemed to have an extremely high level of knowledge and experience with this procedure.

I was feeling absolutely great about getting this done prior to gyno18 putting a little bit of doubt in my mind. I am not going to cancel the surgery and am going to go ahead with it. Wish me luck and I am going to hope for the best.

Cost of the surgery: Total $4600.00

Here are some pics as well.

Good luck man. You will be fine

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
I just got off the phone with the good doctor. He said it is absolutely way too early to tell. He said it can be two to three months to really tell what the final results will be. Definitely give it some time and try to relax that's what I'm going to do. :)

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
The waiting game really sucks.  Its something I definitely was not prepared for.  I think once I get out of this damn compression vest i'll be able to just forget about it all and concentrate on other stuff...then the time will go quicker.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
Here we go on my way! Will keep you all posted.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
Well I'm back and sitting in my bed. The doc said that everything went extremely well and that I should be extremely happy with the results. The girlfriend is at the store right now getting me my Vicodin. Pain is very minimal right now but this abdominal binder is driving me crazy from cutting into my arm pits. I also experienced some nausea after the surgery but I didn't throw up.

I came home to eight missed calls and about six voicemails all from people at work that I couldn't get to call me back forever. Figures they call back now when I really don't want to talk to them.

I asked the doc specifically what was taken out from the procedure. He told me they pulled about 400 CCs of  fat / with some gland from the lipo. Then he said about a shot glass of pure gland that was excised. 400 cc's seems like a ton and I am pretty lean so I was very surprised by that. I asked him couldn't I have just dieted even more to get rid of the 400 cc's but he insisted no and that's not the way it works.

No idea when I will actually get to see the results but I will definitely continue to keep everyone posted.

Honestly this was a breeze- I am five hours post op and already pounding on the keyboard and making calls. Now I just hope I am pleased with what has been done. 

:)

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
He didn't use a specific term for how much gland he just said about a shot glass full. But he did describe the fat/gland he was able to pull out at being 400 cc's.

******* A little update as to how I'm feeling. Pretty much zero pain as I sit here. I am taking one 500 mg vicodin every six hours. I am able to move around, eat, drink with no issue.

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
SAW MY CHEST FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!

I had my post op consult today with Marta at Dr. Albin's office today. This was also the first time I have seen my new chest. I am extremely happy so far and couldn't believe it was my chest I was staring at in the mirror.

They assured me that things would look even better as time goes on and I'm hoping this will be the case. It is the best feeling in the world to know that I won't be self conscious about my chest anymore, or worrying about what my chest looks like when I have my shirt off.

****I am in no way being compensated for anything I am saying (unfortunately believe me I tried). This is for the benefit of all of the members especially those that are suffering with gyne in my area.

My only regret is that I didn't get this done years ago. It was worth every single penny of the $4600 spent and actually would be worth ten times that for the way I feel now.

In some ways many would think this is a minor thing and maybe even silly, but it was a major thing for me and that's all that matters.

My biggest piece of advice is that if anyone here does go through with this surgery, is that they move forward only for themselves and no one else. Good luck all and I have also attached some post op pictures that were taken this evening (sorry for the quality they were taken with my Blackberry)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:06:40 PM by hatemynips »

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
Looks great man.  Do you workout?  It seems like the more athletic guys tend to see better results because of the less fat. 

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
Thank you. Yes I work out a lot. I haven't been working out much lately as I have been so busy with work the last couple months. I am not as lean as I usually am, but will be back in the gym in about three weeks hitting it hard again!  :o

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
How long can I expect before the swelling goes down? Also my entire chest is totally numb, how long does that generally last?

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Yeah I will be 3 weeks on Tuesday and I still have slight swelling and stiffness. I would say 90% of the numbness has gone but I do still have some tenderness in the nipple areas. I was hoping to be back in the gym tomorrow and hitting the weights (I have already done 6 sessions on the stationary bike!) but I will have to see how I feel. I would say that I should be fine doing some gentle exercises but not sure if I could manage a chest workout yet, which is a shame as all I want now is to get my chest developed a bit more!!  :D

Good luck!
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It looks like you got a great result; Dr. Albin did a very nice job.  You actually have very little bruising and swelling for only 4 or 5 days postop.  I'm an Orlando, FL plastic surgeon; just wanted to let you know that the volume removed by liposuction (in your case 400cc) is typically fat along with some injected fluid. We puff up the tissue quite a bit with saline solution containing epinephrine (cuts down on blood loss) and local anesthetic, and that allows us to remove even more fat.

Glad you're doing so well!  Making the decision to have the surgery is the toughest part, but patients are always glad they did afterward.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline hatemynips

• Posting Member
I hate this stupid binder. Can't believe I have to wear it two more weeks.  :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024