Author Topic: getting your wife to understand  (Read 7471 times)

Offline wertzl

• Posting Member
Hey everyone, I have been in denial regarding this condition for at least 10 years, I have recently gotten the courage to address this issue with my wife and she was in denial regarding my conditoin (as I was for the previous 15 years). She is my partner and we have two wonderful girls (too much estrogen - for me!) I have to hang with the dogs! LOL.. Anyway serioously, what can I say to my wife to get her to accept this condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had addressed the issue of a sports bra with her and she was not receptive.  She is a nurse and feels that 42B does not warrent any change of life style? I am confused?

Regards

Lionel

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm not at peace with mine, but if you are with yours, more power to you.  i guess for one you could mention that there exist other married men out there who have been able to get on with life with it, some say their wives enjoy it, but that would depend on the woman, since she's half of the equation too.  i assume with a b that a compression garment wouldn't be a practical substitute for the sports bra?  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline wertzl

• Posting Member
Thanks for that great response. I just last week revealed to my wife that I had been trying bra wearing for a while, she was non-comital at first, however, she indicated after much discussion that if that made me feel better to support my condition she was on board with this decision. I had hoped she could have helped me navigate though this ardious process of selection but she only came to the table after the fact. Now after she has seen the improvements in appearance, she agees.

Offline wertzl

• Posting Member
Jologos1, yeah she was the person that indicated my condition initially. I was in denial. Her position as a health care professional aided me in determining what to do regarding my condition. She indicated that wearing a bra was only a natural conclusion, similar to positions posted on this site. Namely, if you are OK with your body and have a medical condition that leads you to trying a bra then what is the bother? Dealing with the intracies of the woman's world in this area is a challenge. However, there are techniques you can use to your advantage.

More to follow

Regards

Offline wertzl

• Posting Member
Santax, thanks for the candid response. I know it is a personal decision, however, if you can accept this condition and get over the stigma. You can move forward with your life. In my circumstance my health care provider clasifies this as elective surgrey and I do not have he funds to consider surgery. Believe me I have considered the options. I am a person who looks at cost/benefit to determine a decision. In this case I would have to pony up 5k for surgery or buy a bra for 15 dollars. My family could not afford the former. It is a deciision, I agree, but with a loving spouse it is workable.

Thank you for your post

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I personaly would never use a bra, that (not to make anyone mad or upset) would make me feel unmanly or weird x100.

Guys with Gyne who are looking for some form of support, prolly aren't looking for a satin/lacy push-up bra. I would suspect that they are looking for some form of compression garment to prevent the jigglies and to give a bit of camouflage.

I used a very tight 'T' under baggy button-downs with big breast pockets to hold down my D's.  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In this case I would have to pony up 5k for surgery or buy a bra for 15 dollars. My family could not afford the former. It is a deciision, I agree, but with a loving spouse it is workable.

Wertzl....

To each, his/her own dude. What ever provides you with the most comfort is the main thing.

John.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 12:37:52 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
In this case I would have to pony up 5k for surgery or buy a bra for 15 dollars. My family could not afford the former. It is a deciision, I agree, but with a loving spouse it is workable.

Wertzl....

To each, his/her own dude. What ever provides you with the most comfort is the main thing.

John.

I totally agree. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024