Author Topic: Views on other cosmetic surgery  (Read 2253 times)

Offline trashed

• Posting Member
So just wanted to get some opinions here, I am contemplating getting the surgery but I am very confused and not sure if I can justify spending the money.

I am researching surgeons and I don't really agree with other surgery that some of the surgeons offer. The ones I question are:

• Facelift - isn't this just a sign of getting old?
  • Pectoral impacts - come on this one is ridiculous, what happened to push ups??
  • Lipo (in some circumstances)
  • Women with perfect breasts but still want breast implants

Do you agree with someone getting the above, can they be just as bad as gynecomastia or worse to some people??

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
If you had a 60 year old face while you were a 19 year old girl you'd want surgery as much as someone with gyne. Pectoral implants? Look up Poland's syndrome. Lipo? Some people might have a low metabolism or a weak heart that makes exercise/diet innefective so they do lipo. Don't assume that gynecomastia surgery is the only 'legitimate' plastic surgery, people have various cosmetic problems and for many plastic surgery is the only way to treat it.

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
I agree. There are a myriad of reasons why folks need all kinds of plastic surgery and invariably, my best guess is that most are based on valid medical and/or psychological benefits.

I'm sure there are cases where folks purely have the surgery for cosmetic purposes rather than real need but surely if they have the funds to undergo this kind of treatment and they genuinely feel better about themselves, then that validates the rationale for undergoing procedures of any kind.

I certainly wouldn't strongly advocate voicing a vote of discontent to anyone wanting to improve their looks etc. Hope that answers what you're asking and I mean no offence by offering my opinions on the subject of plastic surgery.

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
PS I could do with a face lift to match my chest lift. lol

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With the dawning of the information age, I hoped that enough true information regarding Gynecomastia would circulate that the stigma would disapear. Instead there is so much bad information that the embarrassment has actually increased.

The raw numbers of men who have some degree of Gynecomastia are so large that the condition must be considered statistically normal yet the rate of surgery is increasing.

I do not fault a person who has cosmetic surgery of any kind when their intent is to look normal and healthy. I fault a society that makes normal and healthy people think that they are somehow odd or abnormal and need fixing.
Grandpa Dan

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
Well, I wouldn't get any of those other surguries, and i've had gyne surgery. I saw my gyne as an abnormality. Small boobs, small pecs, or a saggy face don't fall in that category, at least in my opinion.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Without a doubt my gyno is medically based (about as medically based as you can get) and I see as a kind of reconstructive/corrective issue rather than purely cosmetic. But outside of medical reasons, it is also about how I look and feel about myself.

Working out is kind of like this. Beyond weight loss, and health, I work out for appearance or other emotional issues as well.

Working myself up to go though this gyno surgery (I hope in March) I have also begun thinking about some work minor other "plastic surgery" that has nothing to do with medical reasons.

Life is short, I have given so much to and for others. Having reach midlife, I feel I am allowed to do things just for me now.

Now about the hair transplant, sports car, and a mistress....nah... thats way to costly

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024