Author Topic: To bra, or not to bra  (Read 8967 times)

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
You own 14 bras??   I have 4 and my wife questions why I need more than that.   She has 3.   

Online Johndoe1

Over time it adds up. I have been wearing bras for a few years now and I like to keep a good rotation going to get the most out of my bras because of the cost. I have 3 sports bras. Two high impact and one compression for light workouts at the gym. Like I said I have two that are about at end of life and I have already purchased replacements.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

I've been wearing bras for 30 years now. Over time, you find the advantages of having bras that are designed for certain activities as well as certain tops. I have 15 bras. I have molded cup, lace cup underwire bras for every day wear. I have a couple of sports bras for physical activity,  i also have a few leisure bras for sleeping and hanging around the house. 

Bridge

I haven't been in the bra camp that long but can see how that is possible.  I look at it like shoes.  A friend looked at the shelf in my garage and said," Do you really need that many shoes?"  He didn't see in the house.  I had work boots, snow shoeing boots, tennis shoes, running shoes, hiking boots, one high top and one low based on the terrain and trails being hiked, water shoes and booties for paddling.  Dress shoes and......   Point is I can see different bra styles, colors and shaping for various activities and wardrobe.  I can go on with shirts. Dress, fishing, golf, tennis T's and the list goes on. 
Be comfortable, wear what and when you want is what I'm learning.

Offline SideSet

If you have breasts, you need to wear a bra. If you need to wear a bra, you need a collection of bras. Bras that suit each activity, outfit, and mood 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I have been wearing a bras daily for about 6 or 7 years now and they are part of my morning routine and I have much more than I need.  I am just a bra junky. If I am in a store and see a bra I really like I will buy it if they have it in my size.  Luckily for me I am on the small side, A cup. The problem is trying them on.  I  have found bras in my size and tried them on and sometimes it wont even go around my chest or their version of cup size leaves me looking down at an almost empty cup.  As you may know my wife passed last April and I have been steadily clearing her clothes out and I found a very flirty/sheer bra the other day that said it was a 34C. For fun I tried it on and it fit like a dream.  I bought ii for her in England over 40 years ago. So it just goes to show you how things have changed. Lately, since my sever weight lose (26 pounds on a 5 foot 6 inch frame which was around a 15% of my original weight of 164).  My cup size has gone down from B to an A and so has my band size.  I can now wear a band of 34 with no problems instead of a 36.  So I have bras that fit me last year that I swim I them now.  I need to get rid of them but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Pardon my rambling, just an old man with plenty of time on his hands.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline SideSet

Thank you for sharing.  I think it safe to say many of us admire you. I know I do. I think it was wonderful you now wear the sheer bra you bought your wife so long ago, and it fits you like a glove. 

Also, wonderful putting on your bra is now second nature when you get dressed. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024