Author Topic: Can you develop puffy niffles later on?  (Read 3173 times)

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I personally believe I have a mild case of gynecomastia as well as Pectus Excavatum. Knowing that I'll never have the desired chest/abs that I want, I still visit the gym 3-4 times a week for my Athletic Conditioning classes as well as kettlebell work on the weekend.

I think since I've been going to the gym more religiously and continuing obsessing over my chest - which includes touching and feeling my moobs throughout the day, poking it etc. because I can't stop - I've noticed it feels different. For whatever reason I feel it's hardened but not in the tight chest way, at least in my opinion. Maybe it has....we do pushups a ton but can't decide whether it's that or maybe something beneath my nipple.

Offline jmcc1476

You sound like me. I had a mild case of gyne. that was lessened by my athletic involvement in high school and college. All I had for years was puffy nipples. From my experience and others I have talked to there is definitely a hardness behind the nipples that is associated with gyne.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Although exercise and muscle conditioning is to be applauded, sometimes the development of large chest muscles will actually push any gyne out further, since it sits on top of the muscle.  Hence, your gyne may appear to be more prominent if you have built up large pec muscles.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jmcc1476

I agree 100% with Dr. Jacobs. When I was in high school and college I played soccer and basketball and did mostly cardiovascular training and not a whole lot of weight lifting. After college I gained about 10 pounds over a 7 or 8 year period and decided to get back in shape. This time I did it by not only cardio but also a lot of weight lifting. I definitely noticed that my nipples seemed to be much more prominent than I remembered them before.

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
Thank you for the replies. This is not unfamiliar from what I've read here before, but I just wanted to work out my entire body, including chest, so if I decide to go through with surgery I will have a nice shape with which to work. Unfortunately I also have PE which is another story, though that really doesn't bother me.

The reason I made the thread is because I never felt anything hard underneath or thought my nipples looked big...now that I have worked out (using no substances, and little weight training, just good total body stuff like p90x) something doesn't feel/look right.

Thanks again. Probably just my obsession with chest/mild gyne case and pectus excavatum.

Offline Nutsandbolts

• Posting Member
Although exercise and muscle conditioning is to be applauded, sometimes the development of large chest muscles will actually push any gyne out further, since it sits on top of the muscle.  Hence, your gyne may appear to be more prominent if you have built up large pec muscles.

Dr Jacobs

Bold and underlined, training for me has only positive effects.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024