Author Topic: Pics about my puffy nipples, would like advice on procedure and surgery?  (Read 3833 times)

Offline cccro

Hello everybody! I'm new here and would like to share my story to get some opinions about my situation. I'm currently 22 years old and have had puffy nipples since I was maybe 13? I don't exactly remember the exact age but ever since I started puberty I've had them. I remember going to a doctor who told me I had gynecomastia, which meant that I was producing more estrogen than what I should. I am 22 now and they have not resided. I should mention that I am not an overweight person, on the contrary some would say I am too skinny. I am 5'10 tall and I weight 133lbs. I went to another general doctor a year ago who told me my case wasn't too dramatic or noticeable, which is true, but that surgery is probably the only option to get rid of them. He also advised me to get my hormones checked, just to make sure everything is in order. I haven't done that yet because at that time I didn't had a medical plan, but now I do. So now to my questions... Should I go to an endocrinologist to get my hormones checked (testosterone and estrogen, etc.)? I have an appointment with a general surgeon on Sept. 4 to take a look at my case, in which I plan to ask if it's better if I go to a plastic surgeon or if the procedure is so minor that the general surgeon would do. My plan doesn't cover plastic surgeons so a general surgeon would be much more economic.
I attached some images to get your opinions... I really want them removed because I've been self conscious about them all my life, they are noticeable through my shirts, people sometimes comment on them, I hate going to the beach because I feel like people notice it, etc... But I don't know if a general surgeon is a good idea, I don't know what kind of procedure I should get (I attached the pics so I can get advice on that, should I get the gland removed or get lypo too?) I don't want them to look weird afterwards. So any advice you can offer right now would be great! On the first two pics I'm extending my arms so the chest is flexing a little bit which makes it look tighter, in the other one I took it with the other arm so you can see that I have a little bit more mass than normal (not THAT much tho).

Offline Nip

Alright mate

I got the same problem as u! I'm 5.10 12 stone very lean gyming for years because of this problem. I'm having surgery done on thu 😀 can't wait. U need to get the gland removed that what causes ur nipples to puff out. Also I would recommend going to a plastic surgeon who does this operation regualy not a general surgeon! Hope that helps.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have puffy nipples.

If they have been present and stable for a number of years, then more than likely your hormones are just fine -- but you can have them checked out just to reassure yourself.

The only treatment for this is surgery.  A general surgeon is absolutely the wrong doc to go to -- you truly need a plastic surgeon -- and preferably a plastic surgeon with considerable experience in gyne surgery.  This problem appears to be simple -- it is not.  The surgery can be quite tricky.

Bottom line:  take your time and go to the right surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024