Author Topic: Displeased with results  (Read 3339 times)

Offline cfitz97

I underwent surgery on December 17 which was a double mastectomy without lipo. A few weeks later I do not see a huge improvement and I am quite displeased with the result. I understand that healing takes time but I believe that there is still much to be desired. I do believe that there is a difference but I wanted more. I see my doctor in two weeks and I am hoping someone can shed some insight on how I should approach the situation. Thanks. 

hammer

You need to be patient, it takes much more time before you can even begin to see a finished look!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
That is not even two weeks ago.  This type of surgery causes a lot of post operative swelling that can take months to heal.  Check back about the first of July.  Meanwhile, follow your surgeons instructions faithfully and chill.   
Grandpa Dan

Offline cfitz97

thanks for the replies, looks like I need to chill. 

Offline betterchestnow

• Posting Member

Yeah, one thing I really learned from reading this forum is it seems there is a tendency to overreact too fast after surgery but that complete healing takes time. Guys also tend to over obsess because the more you read and think about it, it can seem like it's the only thing in the world.

I had the surgery 6 days ago and I am not even going to make a final verdict for at least a few months (though I can honestly say I am happy).

I had a lot of "extra skin" due to having gyneco so long so I realized going in that it was unlikely my chest would be 100% tight. I may wind up with a slight "crater" type situation on the sides when I am standing at certain angles. But I'm honestly fine with that. It's far superior to having the breasts and I look great in a shirt.

It seems the two main problems I see mentioned here are:
1- Patient felt doctor did not remove enough tissue and some breast shape is still present. This seems common with liposuction only
2- Patient felt doctor removed too much and there are slight issues with crater deformity.

I would much rather have the second problem. I realize there is the option of a fat injection down the road if I really want it. But I'm OK with being "too flat" or having a slight crater when I am at certain angles. I have to be realistic considering my age and skin and this slight imperfection is FAR superior to what I had before.

I guess I am just saying, wait and see how you heal. You might find the results are enough of an improvement that it's no longer an issue. I refuse to get obsessed with having a PERFECT chest. I just wanted to look normal and I do now. Which is to say, I got what I wanted from the surgery. I said going in that even a 50-60% improvement would boost my self confidence so much.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024