Author Topic: I may possibly be removing my gyno without surgery. Opinions/Help?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Lesafian

I'd like to start this topic off with a little bit of backstory. When I was only two years old I was diagnosed with cystic hygroma. I had a giant lump on the side of my neck. I visited a plastic surgeon in Chicago, who gave me an antibiotic which completely got rid of the swelling. He told my parents that I have the possibility of having problems until I'm done fully growing, and to never have surgery in a few areas, one being my chest area.
Skipping 10 years ahead, I'm 12. I have these roundish lumps in my chest, and they're quite huge. I was maybe 110 pounds, and quite skinny. My chest was fine, it was just these lumps under my nipples. I didn't really take note of it, because I thought they would just go away, until 2 years later, they were still the same. Something I took note is that most people were having huge breasts with gyno, I just have huge nipples. My mother took me to the doctor, the doctor said I had gynecomastia. I had blood tests done to me, and it was found that I have high estrogen, and very low testosterone. My Mom bought me this creme, I don't know if there's an exact name, but this is what it says on the container. Better Health Naturally: Pro-MEN, Prostate Creme for Men. Basically what this creme does is balance hormones. I didn't use it, I had done much research and had seen that the only way to remove it is by surgery, so I got discouraged and didn't try it.
Skipping about a year, (about 8 months ago). I notice that the tissue in the left side has reduced about 3x from what it was. Now, my chest on the left side has been lifted, and the nipple is smaller in circumference, but it still sticks out. There is still tissue there, but not nearly as much. The right side stayed the same although.
Now about 2 weeks ago, I got a girlfriend, and I have a very built body, but my gynecomastia is SO embarrassing. I don't really want to take off my shirt when I'm with her. I decided to do some research, I started focusing my weight training on my chest. Doing bench flies, lat pull downs, etc; and I decided to try out the creme that my Mother had purchased.
I'm seeing a decrease in the size of the right nipple almost daily, I'm very confident right now that in a month or so I could have this gone. I know the gland would still be there and I could get it back, but If I just keep this up that shouldn't happen, I think.
My question is, is it gynecomastia, or is it just my cystic hygroma. Also, would I be able to make my chest look good? I'm not asking to have gyno completely gone, I just dont want mountain nipples, I want to be comfortable with my shirt off. Keep in mind, I already have a built body, or somewhat I suppose.
If you need pictures, I'd be happy to post some. Thank you all who are reading this, I appreciate what you're doing!
*EDIT*
I also forgot to mention, when my nipples are stimulated (only stimulated when cold, if that's even the right term) my chest looks completely normal.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, cystic hygromas only appear on the neck -- not on any other part of your body.  So you do not have cycstic hygromas  under your nipples!

There is no known cream that can reduce gynecomasstia.  If there were, the store shelves would be repleat with it.  What you have described may be, in essence, spontaneous regression of some of your gyne -- which does occur during teenage years.  The fact that it was coincident with the cream is simply that:  coincidence.

Finally, if you are indeed working out your body, then you are probably losing some fat.  And fat also contributes to gyne.  Therefore, the further reduction of your chest may simply be due to loss of fat from your breasts.  Unfortunately, though, breast tissue does not respond to diet and exercise -- that is why you still have some residual puffiness of the nipples.

What to do?  Be patient, continue to work out and if you still believe in this cream, then apply it -- it won't help but it shouldn't harm either.  Wait a year or so and then re-evaluate your chest.  If the puffiness is still there, then consider an evaluation by a plastic surgeon.  If it has disappeared, then consider yourself one of the few lucky ones.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Lesafian

First, cystic hygromas only appear on the neck -- not on any other part of your body.  So you do not have cycstic hygromas  under your nipples!

There is no known cream that can reduce gynecomasstia.  If there were, the store shelves would be repleat with it.  What you have described may be, in essence, spontaneous regression of some of your gyne -- which does occur during teenage years.  The fact that it was coincident with the cream is simply that:  coincidence.

Finally, if you are indeed working out your body, then you are probably losing some fat.  And fat also contributes to gyne.  Therefore, the further reduction of your chest may simply be due to loss of fat from your breasts.  Unfortunately, though, breast tissue does not respond to diet and exercise -- that is why you still have some residual puffiness of the nipples.

What to do?  Be patient, continue to work out and if you still believe in this cream, then apply it -- it won't help but it shouldn't harm either.  Wait a year or so and then re-evaluate your chest.  If the puffiness is still there, then consider an evaluation by a plastic surgeon.  If it has disappeared, then consider yourself one of the few lucky ones.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Thank you for the reply Dr Jacobs! The thing is, I do not have fat on my breasts. I'm a twig who has worked to build my body. I can grab my breast and feel the lump inside, I always have been able to. I can feel behind it and all around it, and I can tell that it is shrinking.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024