Author Topic: marijuana use gynecostia  (Read 14495 times)

Offline joshval

im 15 years old..i'v had puffy nips for around 3-4 years and iv been a chronic marijuana user for the past year..iv read that marijuana could be the issue so i;v decided to quit..it hasn't been over a few days but iv been wondering if theres such thing as being to late as far the puffyness becoming permanent due to smoking..my nipples are pufy and have a weird disc thing underit ..although there not in any pain and theres no secretion

Offline joshval

ohh and would i really have to quit 100% cold turkey...because i have fun smoking up now and then...thanx for any info =D

Offline joshval

k another question...if it's been there for around 4 years so since the age of around 12-13 can it still go away..like has anyone ever heard of a situation similar?

Offline hertog88

• Bronze Member
  • I'm a bad, bad boy
there's a small chance of it going away.. it depends on the person... let me tell u a story.......

i started getting puffy nips when i was 12 years old... i was the only guy in class who had em i think... my one friend didn't have em at the time... then the next year when we were like 13, he had them until he was about 15.. then it went away... mine on the other hand stayed...

Offline Mr. F

• Posting Member
Hey Josh I noticed I had puff nipples in december of 2006 and i still have them.  My doc said to discontinue the use of marijuanna.  Well I didnt and they have gotten worse maybe a little but i decided to quit on May 1st 2007.  Well now im just on the waiting period now to see my results and im hoping in 6months it will go down.  Its gotta be from marijuanna or drinking and sleepin with a stomach of alcohol here and there.  Also i cut back from consuming to much alcohol.  Oh by the way I have Unilateral gynecomastia.

Offline Mr. F

• Posting Member
I believe its not a myth because im 19 and just got them not to long ago and i started smoking when i was 18...never had puffy nipples or anything.  whatever tho hope it goes away within a few months or at least gets better

Offline Mr. F

• Posting Member

Offline peggylad

• Posting Member
omg
"DONT STOP SMOKING"???? disk i think you are an absolute idiot it has been proven that weed contributes to gyne! jeez worst advice ever

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
peggylad,
The weed/bitch breasts connection has not been scientifically proven...how would you prove such a thing?  Get lab rats smoking pot and check their boobies? But seriously, why risk it, seeing as weed has no positive effects to your health or financial situation. And is illegal. And "possibly" contributes to gyno.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline kanteleman666

• Posting Member
peggylad,
The weed/bitch breasts connection has not been scientifically proven...how would you prove such a thing?  Get lab rats smoking pot and check their boobies? But seriously, why risk it, seeing as weed has no positive effects to your health or financial situation. And is illegal. And "possibly" contributes to gyno.

cause it's fun

Offline peggylad

• Posting Member
yeah well thats y u av got breasts ...fool

Offline this_guy

• Posting Member
First, I have had puffy nipples since about age 12. I didnt start smoking pot til I was 15 or 16. So for my story, pot had nothing to do with it. Also, FACT: they have not been successful in proving that cannabis has any connection to gyne.

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
Hey Bud,

So I understand you're concerned about the connection, which I had been in the past as well. I started to develop puffy nipples around 11 or 12 and became a chronic smoker by the time I was about 15 or 16.

We know that there are faint connections between alcohol, marijuana, steroids, etc. The reason being because they happen to temporarily raise the estrogen levels in our body (which inevitably, after prolonged chronic usage, may or may not produce the gland or "disc" you're talking about that then produces the puffy nipple). This connection is thought to be true because gynecomastia is in many cases caused by a raised estrogen level in the body therefore leading to the development of breasts. While my brief description of the effect may seem detailed, I am not an expert, however, I have done plenty of research and this does seem to be the case.

After discontinuing my chronic usage before my surgery and maintaining a great diet and exercise, I noticed my puffy nipples started to unswell just a tad (not fully of course, but it helped). Don't get me wrong, I am not bad mouthing pot in any way, I do love the stuff, but unfortunately it is a habit that does leave toxins in your body, tar in your lungs, and if you're smoking it everyday - may lead to this condition.

From what I have heard, if you have had the gland for over one or two years, the only true solution is surgery to return your nipples to a "normal" look. However, like I said, changing your diet, exercise, and ceasing the habit may bring down the puffiness somewhat and help if you can't afford the surgery. 

Post surgery I have smoked it a few times, likewise, I've had a glass of wine here and there, beer on occasion, hell, I've still done the usual young-adult-still-in-university party night sort of drinking (once or twice). The truth is, I believe it is all about moderation. It is difficult to tell someone of your age that you'll never be able to touch a drop of alcohol just because it MAY cause gynecomastia. The same I believe goes for your little habit. Cut back on it; if you're doing it everyday, you really even lose sight of why you started smoking it in the first place ;).

While some may disagree with my opinion, I prefer if those who are in complete and utter disagreeance without having done their proper research not respond to this post. 

Hope this helps guy!

Offline joshval

Back again haven't been on the site for over a year I stopped caring about my puffy nipples and realized marijuana is amazing and definatlu cannot cause harm in the area of gyne ..I think people are stupid if they make there gyne a reason to quit smoking / drinking .. I work out daily , smoke weed daily and am proud of my decisions because I am still on the way to becoming an engineer and having a shitload of money and being able to do what I want to unaffected by my nips is an inspiration ..people don't really care about the nipple thing and people the way I see it are so hard on themselves for it which really may affect day to day life .. Relax there are so many other issues then just having puffy nips that should be dealt with and stressed about if anything. Save money haha I'm sure doctors hate to read this one but truly unless you're rich don't make your life goal to save for surgery and just think about reality and how strong you have become dealing with your gyne or puffy nips problem .. Enjoy life its fun and too short to deal with bs ..  + maybe if you loosen up drink a few beers smoke a joint you'll get girls rather then BEng a tight ass focusing on your issue and letting it change your life . Having a great attitude and good sense of humour definatly weighs mor socially e then a set of puffy nipples

Offline ovdojoey

• Posting Member
I would still recommend quitting.

I use to smoke daily - and it hinders your health.  Good luck with your own lifestyle choices - but there are reasons as to why people stop smoking weed.

I have gyno - and had it before I started smoking so I don't know if it prolonged (or perhaps stopped it from going away) my condition.

Personal advise, cut out the weed - you're not even 18 yet.

Grow up without an addiction and it will save you a LOT of money in the future... it's not hard to stop - I promise.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024