Author Topic: PAL ONLY ???? ANYBODY?  (Read 4666 times)

bugjuicerichard

The surgeon told me that Power assissted lipo will get the fat and gland out !  everything on this board suggest that you NEED actuall excision. but he claims to have done over 200 of these surgeries with no complaints, his site is www.esteticainstitute.com  .. I already booked the surgery for 3 weeks from now, so please advise. he said my gland wasnt very hard and would come out with PAL easy, but to me it does seem a bit FIRM, i would call it hard.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
I suppose its possible, but I wouldn't feel comfortable using a surgeon that might not be prepared to do an excursion.  Your looks almost completely like a glandular issue, and it seems very well defined in the pictures, so as long as he can use that method to get it out then so be it.   The thing Dr. B from VA makes and excellent rational point, something to the effect that its difficult to see exactly what the problem is until you can actually see how much is gland etc.  If he goes in and by removing fat under the gland etc, from his view your chest might look fine, but then as you naturally replace the fat over time the gland will be right back on top.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
My dr used the pal lipo but he also did remove the gland ,he used the same incision hole to get to the gland as he used for lipo.but he cut the gland out.

Offline flex1appeal

Insist on excision or don't bother.

Offline outertrial

I have been on these boards for years and have not read one single case of a guy having lipo only and being happy with the results.

Offline Punta

• Bronze Member
You will regret it without doubt as you will not get the outcome you are seeking. Insist on excision, you do have gland which is visible from your photo's, especially your left side. Being young, it may be hard for you to approach this with your surgeon. But plan the conversation and further, plan for any possible answer he may throw at you.

Good luck dude!!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it can probably work in cases that are not too dense, but like people say, others have had bad experiences.  ask him if he's done excision on other cases as well as the pal.  he should at least leave himself the option either way. 

if it doesn't feel too solid for you, you could agree based on a guarantee of satisfaction.  if not, nothing wrong with getting a second or third opinion. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
dude, I don;t think Lipo alone will solve your problem either - just don't get suckered into the speel of "lypo will work"

That nearly happened to me - okay fair enough if it was pseudo, but thats blatently gland-related.

Offline flex1appeal

Request excision and if he says no then cancel.

Offline toaster

• Gold Member
If he cannot guarantee that he can do excision, then DEFINITELY CANCEL the surgery.  From your photos, it is almost certain that almost all, if not 100% of your gyne is caused by gland.

If you're concerned about him keeping your deposit, you might be able to get it all back.  If you signed something about him performing gynecomastia surgery, then it is the standard medical practice to use excision (ie cutting) to remove the glandular tissue.  If he is unwilling to use the generally accepted method of performing this procedure, then you have a very strong legal case to get a full refund.

I wouldn't start threatening him, but see if he'll be nice about it.  If he gives you a hard time, you might want to say something like, "I'll use all means necessary to get my deposit back." (which is code for "I'll get a lawyer and sue you if need be").  You should do whatever you can to make sure it does not come to that if you can avoid it.

But you have gotten unanimous support on this site from every single user that has posted that lipo alone will not work for you.  The reason we're unanimous is because we all have had enough experience with this with enough different doctors to know.  Cancel it.

Find a guy (or woman) who does this surgery at least once a week, who has before & after pictures of at least 10 patients he can show you, and can guarantee you he/she will perform excision if gland is found (which it will be).  Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:43:40 PM by toaster »

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
I think PAL is the right choice for ur condition cause it does have the ability to remove softer gland and the scaring will be in ur favour as they will be pinholes off to the side of ur chest, i predict great results but who am I.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
I think PAL is the right choice for ur condition cause it does have the ability to remove softer gland and the scaring will be in ur favour as they will be pinholes off to the side of ur chest, i predict great results but who am I.

I disagree. Yeah, who are you?

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
i've read nothing on tumescent lipo that claims to remove gland (unlike PAL), even patients just getting fat removed sometimes require multiple surgeries using that method.

also krisJ got nothing more to add to ur post?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:28:40 PM by State_Property »

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
i do agree however, he should be willing to do an excision if he feels the PAL hasn't been effective (maybe on that left side). Asking him about his policy on revisions may also weigh into ur decision.

Offline bushland

• Posting Member
I understand that LIPO only will not work if the primary problem is gland, but my question is, can LIPO at least help a little bit? If you pull out just the fat will the gyne be SOMEWHAT improved??  I am looking for a moderate improvement, not perfection, and want to avoid excision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024