Author Topic: 7th Month Post Op  (Read 3009 times)

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
Hey all, haven't been on here in a while, figured I needed a break and take my mind off things.

So 7 months have passed and I am not too happy.  My right side looks alrite and my left side looks horrible.

On wendsday I see my surgeon for a 7th month post op checkup and I get to see what she thinks.  I'm thinking its gonna be a revision, which would suck but I think I need it.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.  What a f-n hell this whole thing has been.  Surgery and results aren't all they're cracked up to be, I almost miss my old chest that look fat but at least it was even..

my pics...  http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364738@N02

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
I think it looks good. I might be blind, but I didn't see any pre-op pics?

Regards, Ryan.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
Not the best results I've seen but you don't have too much to complain about.  I'd go for the revision though.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Why did you wait seven months?

Offline Mark8

• Posting Member
5th draining? I thought the ps put drains in after the surgery, and that they're taken out a few days later.  I didn't realize they can keep draining the area. 

Did you wear a compression vest?  I had surgery in August, and the compression vest and initial drain kept the swelling down to a minimum.  Did the surgeon just do lipo?  My surgeon used ultrasound liposuction, which breaks up the gland and fat at the same time.  I'm curious, because there seems to be some gland left.  From what I've read most surgeons want to wait a year before performing revisions (they want to give your chest a chance to completely recover, swelling to go down, skin to tighten up, etc...)  Good luck, Surgery puts your life on hold for a few weeks, but it's worth it in the end.

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
thanks for everybody's input...  always nice to hear what others have to say..

anyways my surgeon agreed that a revision needs to be done on my left side.

she said there was some breast tissue left that needs to come out for a more natural look. i couldn't agree more.

for those of you who followed my story, my post-op of surgery was a bit of a nightmare, check my photos, i look like i had been hit by a train.

i'm looking forward to getting the revision, i'm a little worried about the post revision surgery though! 

i had gland removal and lipo and to clear up about being drained, i had the initial drains in, but once those were removed i had to go in 7 or 8 times after that to be drained, with a bigass needle, because the swelling was very bad.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024