Author Topic: Surgery scheduled!  (Read 2722 times)

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
Hi guys! This is my first post here, I just wanted to share my excitement. I'm 24 and I've lead a pretty normal life, I think. But I can't remember the last time I had my shirt off in front of other people. Well, I can, and it's a painful memory. As far back as I can remember, I've always had proportionately large breasts and it has pretty much been the bane of my existence! But, as of March 19th at 12:00, I will be on the road to recovery.  ;D I can't wait to be able to go to a beach and take my shirt off. I can't even imagine having the confidence to do that right now. Anyway, I was hoping to get some tips from you guys... maybe what you should have done that you didn't... or something you did you shouldn't have... I want this to be as seemless as possible. Hopefully all goes well and I don't end up a freak of nature... I guess that's my biggest concern. Thanks. - Chris

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:43:03 AM by donnieosmond »

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Looks quite a bad case, far worse than mine. I'm sure a successful op will really improve your quality of life. Good luck with that.

As for the op I'm 6 days post op and nearly all of the uncomfortableness has gone, there was no pain at all really because of the pain killers. But for the first three days its quite hard walking and reaching.

If your staying in the hospital then bring lots of stuff like books to keep you entertained, even if its only for one night.

After the op at home make sure you have enough to keep you entertained without doing much movement like books, tv, playstation, DVDs etc. Keep food in the house for the first three days as you don't want to be walking about, if there is someone to help you its a lot easier.

Thats all really.

Keep s updated.

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Congrats on taking the first step :).  Who have you decided to go with?

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
Dr. George Poletes out of Michigan.. heard some good things about him, seems like a really nice guy! Thanks.

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Good for you.  At any rate you do seem to have a severe case, just make sure your doctor has done similar cases before, and has a well laid out plan.

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
Yeah I'm going in for a second consultation before the surgery, so I'll wrap up with questions then. I played football for years and was pretty in shape but I've always had this problem. After highschool it was depressing that I couldn't get rid of it and I kind of sunk into a lethargic lifestyle. I have a lot of work to do post surgery. In my opinion, the people who say lose weight first are wrong. I can see the reasoning behind it, but if you have true gyno, it's not going to do you much good. And when you have this problem, as we all know, we can be looked down upon by the general population. It's really hard to commit yourself to a proper weight loss routine when you know all anyone is ever looking at is your breasts. Makes you appreciate how some women must feel! I know. I became obsessed with the gym for a while, trying to cure my gyno and still got nowhere with it. Thanks for the replies.

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
So when my PS describes my surgery recommendation as an "open surgery", how many of your operations does that apply to? And how was it?

Offline JerzyJoe

• Posting Member
You have a very serious problem here. GOOD LUCK!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024