Author Topic: Feeling the gland...  (Read 2650 times)

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
OK, it appears that the gland is usually positioned lower on the chest, particularly around the nipple area.  From what I understand, gland is usually hard but can vary in terms of density, mass, etc.  My case is minor but also a bother and I am having trouble committing to surgery.  My biggest fear is that surgery will leave me "underimproved."  While I am realistic, I just don't to hand out the money for gland removal that will only be replaced by bad scarring/scar tissue, cavities, etc.  Going back to my original concern, it appears that my gland (only on my right side which is worse), is spread out throughout the chest, mostly under the nipple but I've noticed smaller gland masses much higher on my pec.  So my question is, can and will these masses be removed through direct excision?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:59:54 AM by scballersc »

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
That is a difficult question.  Determining how much of you G is glandular and how much is fat is best done by a doctor.  Unless you have very low body fat you have some component of fat in your chest mixing with the tissue.

Good G surgeons will have a plan for both.  Lipo takes care of the fat, and excision takes out the gland.  Some docs have moved to special G tools that lipo out enough gland.

The difference between happy surgery patients and unhappy is the experience of the doctor they chose, in most cases, IMO.  Those results you mentioned (concave, excessive scarring...) are the result of docs who don't have enough experience to know how much tissue to leave or whatever else needs to be done.

The best argument for having surgery is the fact that so many people who post here never come back after their procedures.  Too busy enjoying themselves.

DrBermant

OK, it appears that the gland is usually positioned lower on the chest, particularly around the nipple area.  From what I understand, gland is usually hard but can vary in terms of density, mass, etc.  My case is minor but also a bother and I am having trouble committing to surgery.  My biggest fear is that surgery will leave me "underimproved."  While I am realistic, I just don't to hand out the money for gland removal that will only be replaced by bad scarring/scar tissue, cavities, etc.  Going back to my original concern, it appears that my gland (only on my right side which is worse), is spread out throughout the chest, mostly under the nipple but I've noticed smaller gland masses much higher on my pec.  So my question is, can and will these masses be removed through direct excision?

Defining the problem with photographs sometimes can help.  However, it is impossible to tell from photographs if the deformity is from fat or gland. The dynamic images, of my standard set of images can show a region that compresses differently.  Even clinical examination differentiation can be difficult.

Fat tends to be soft, gland tends to be firm.  Fingers of gland often dissect between fingers of fat.  Look at this drawing and move your mouse over the arrows.  However, gland can be soft and fat firm confusing the picture.  Gland tends to be located under the nipple and pinching pressure can sometimes tether to the nipple pulling it in.

I have seen many Crater Deformities After Gynecomastia Surgery from doctors who remove gland and not sculpt the remaining tissue. 

Very Large Glands can be removed from tiny incisions at the edge of the areola.  I have taken much larger glands from incisions that are typically less than 2 cm long. 

Gland left behind is firm unlike normal fat and does not compress like fat.  With my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture, I prefer to target this firmer gland first.  I then select from an Artist's Pallet of Surgical Tools Techniques to contour the remaining tissues. The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out typical before and after surgery pictures of the nipple areola scars here.  Actually follow the links on that page to many more showing how nice the scars are hidden.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline MSJ108

That is a difficult question.  Determining how much of you G is glandular and how much is fat is best done by a doctor.  Unless you have very low body fat you have some component of fat in your chest mixing with the tissue.

Good G surgeons will have a plan for both.  Lipo takes care of the fat, and excision takes out the gland.  Some docs have moved to special G tools that lipo out enough gland.

The difference between happy surgery patients and unhappy is the experience of the doctor they chose, in most cases, IMO.  Those results you mentioned (concave, excessive scarring...) are the result of docs who don't have enough experience to know how much tissue to leave or whatever else needs to be done.

The best argument for having surgery is the fact that so many people who post here never come back after their procedures.  Too busy enjoying themselves.

good posting

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024