Author Topic: Is Gyne prominent in specific ethnic groups?  (Read 1951 times)

Offline RepCracker

• Posting Member
Has anyone ever tied G to a specific ethnic group, or heritage?  I see most men are white, and for the most part are tall. I am Polish myself, tall, and white, of course, and "big Boned" as my mom says.  So I was wondering if there is a connection between G and my heritage?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:38:18 AM by RepCracker »

Offline 08132008

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:14:23 AM by 08132008 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Gynecomastia would seem to be an equal opportunity embarrassment.

I've not seen anything which would indicate that the condition favors one ethnicity over another.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
without being specific to any group, i think kind of like he said that the only real correlation to a group is on account of correlation to food factors.  other than that, no, because overall ethnicity is a fairly weak factor in most genetic matters. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In some cultures, men do not stigmatize themselves to the same degree. Gynecomastia would be less likely to be hidden by men of that culture and thus it might seem to be more prevalent. In fact, the prevalence is the same, it is simply more visible.

Actually, I think this represents a healthy self image.

Is there anyone who wouldn't like to be comfortable while simply ignoring his Gynecomastia?

The problem is not Gynecomastia per se, but our feelings of being stigmatized as a result of having it.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I work a lot with native american populations and have noticed a high level of gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024