Author Topic: Undershirts to wear  (Read 2975 times)

Offline steroid abuser

• Posting Member
Are there undershirts out there that can hide gyne?  I've heard of underworks.com. Do these shirts really work? Are they comfortable? Which are the best? Thanks for any responses.  

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I think the 997 is the favorite and it looks like a regular tank (wife beater).

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Get the 997 from UnderWorks.

I have numerous posts praising it.  It has allowed me to confidently wear any kind of Tshirt that I want every day.  It takes a little while to get used to it, but it sure is a godsend.

Note that it'll be visible through light colored shirts, but it looks like a wife-beater undershirt in case anybody sees it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 11:14:33 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline steroid abuser

• Posting Member
Thanks 4 the responses. How do u know what size to order? And do these shirts make u much hotter and sweat? Not that it much matters if it can hide gyne. But still curious.  

Offline nukem2k5

They do make you a little bit hotter, and when you do sweat it's kind of aggravating since it makes it kind of sticky and stuff, but it's worth it.  I've had mine over a month and I still haven't washed it :P

Anyway, for the size, get a tape measurer and wrap it around your body (over your breasts) and use that to pick what size.  It's a tough shirt to get on and you may think you have a size too small when you originally get it but it stretches out a little bit, and it's tight for a reason.  I measured about 44" around my breasts, so I got the Large and it works like a charm.  It even makes you look more muscular because it pushes your boobs into a pectoral muscle shape.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I've had mine over a month and I still haven't washed it :P

Dude, that is disgusting. Wash that nasty thing.

Offline Boarderdude05

Is the compression vest really needed for postop? And if so, from underworks, they give the chest sizes. I have a 41" chest but a 31" waist, will the vest still fit if I got a large? Since the large range for chest is 40-44. I just don't want it to be too big on the rest of my body. Thanks to anyone that knows about the vest sizes.

Offline nukem2k5

Get it for your chest size.  If you're getting a comp vest for post-op use, measure under your breasts (your actual chest) since your breasts should hopefully be flat post-op.  Keep in mind that the 997 is a compression shirt that many of us use to hide our gyno.  I definitely do not think it provides enough compression to be used as a post-op compression tool, and you should get a compression vest for that.

Yes, the compression vest is a necessity post-op.  Mine is included with my surgery (I still have to pay for it, of course).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 07:34:29 AM by nukem2k5 »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Is the compression vest really needed for postop? And if so, from underworks, they give the chest sizes. I have a 41" chest but a 31" waist, will the vest still fit if I got a large? Since the large range for chest is 40-44. I just don't want it to be too big on the rest of my body. Thanks to anyone that knows about the vest sizes.

The Underworks vest will provide plenty of compression for post-op care. But, do not get the 997 as it will be difficult, dangerous, and painful to put on and off post-op. Rather, get the 990 for post-op care.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024