Author Topic: Unilateral Gyne and Compression Vests  (Read 2580 times)

Offline JohnDoe84

Hello,  I have a case of  (relatively mild)  unilateral gynecomastia and  the doctor I consulted with suggested some sort of bandaging instead of a compression vest , insuring that it would have the same effect.
should I trust him or should I insist to go with the compression vest?
thanks.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Not sure what he means by bandaging, maybe the other guys know.

I had an ace bandage for several days post-op and  then the compression vest.

Some will argue that the vest/bandaging does nothing to the end result of the chest,  it simply reduces swelling and helps with fluid dranage in the early stages immediately after surgery.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
docs usually have a good sense for this.  i assume the basic reason is not just compression but also keeping things more or less in place while they mend.  if yours was less drastic, you may not need the full vest, which can be kind of a pain to deal with. i'd just go carefully with what he suggested.
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
JohnDoe,

Have you had surgery?  I may have missed that in your post, but are you using a vest/bandage to hide or post-surgery?

DrBermant

Hello,  I have a case of  (relatively mild)  unilateral gynecomastia and  the doctor I consulted with suggested some sort of bandaging instead of a compression vest , insuring that it would have the same effect.
should I trust him or should I insist to go with the compression vest?
thanks.

I have seen terrible scars from attempts of bandaging to cover gynecomastia.  Sometimes these scars are permanent.  No Surgery Male Chest Contouring with a Compression Vest is much safer and effective.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024